Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

For the Musicians: A vocal/ singing query...

Danagasta
#1 · Posted: 28 Nov 2006 21:08
I have a question concerning vocal range.
I've been using different programs (such as Singing Coach, the spectrum analysis in SoundForge, and Adobe Audition) to look at my voice, and I've come back with a range of A2 to G4 (or A-2 to G1, whichever system of notation you prefer; the former is American and used on SoundForge).
My question is: what the heck is that? A tenor, a dark alto, a contralto or what?
I'm female, by the way, and my standard on-air voice has a fundamental frequency of about 150 Hz, if that means anything in this.

Thanks!
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 08:51
150hz, I think is between D and D sharp. I'm also going to push the boat out and say your range is an Alto. Have a look at this page however, it may make things clearer.

Cheers,
Ranko
Danagasta
#3 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 12:44
Thanks Ranko! That does explain a lot. It seems to also swallow up most if not all of the tenor range, seems versatile.
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 17:58
Just please don't sing The Jewel Song from Faust! :-)

We had a discussion here over a year ago about who was musical and I think we had enough members then to be able to form a decent sized band. I wonder if we can still do that now? I'm the drummer.
Danagasta
#5 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 19:01
That would be great Ranko! I also play clarinet, atseluhisdi (a Cherokee rivercane flute that sounds like an Irish tin whistle but with a limited range) and of course....the tin whistle.

Problem is, I don't read music, rather I play by ear or just improvise.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!