Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your Favourite "Tintin" Books?

Page  Page 4 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Stas Werno
#31 · Posted: 9 Aug 2006 23:23
this is a hard question when i get asked in the shop, but one i love to answer.

cigars/lotus i loved as a kid, and undoubtably lotus is a masterpiece, but ive read it so much now that its taken away some of the magic

calculus affair is a perfect story in every sense, gripping

red sea sharks appeals to my fondness of the middle east

tibet... for obious reasons

castafiore emerald was my first tintin book, and thus is special to me, and is also a fantastic piece of work

and the alph art, i really wish this was finished, it would have been the best one without a doubt.

Moderator Note: Please write using upper- and lower-case letters, to make your posts easier to read; this is not the first time you have been asked.
Many thanks,

The Tintinologist Team
Levent
#32 · Posted: 28 Aug 2006 19:57
1- The Castafiore Emerald [Excellent story, especially that broken step trick]
2- The Calculus Affair
3- Tintin in Tibet
4- The Red Sea Sharks
5- The Black Island
6- Flight 714
7- Seven Crystal Balls
8- Destination Moon
9- Explorers on the Moon
10- Broken Ear
bertoia
#33 · Posted: 6 Sep 2006 05:38
I tend to like the later ones. I would rank my favourites as follows:

1. The Castafiore Emerald
2. Tintin and the Picaros
3. Flight 714
4. Tintin in Tibet
5. The Seven Crystal Balls
lintondrums
#34 · Posted: 21 Oct 2006 17:17
I have to say the greatest Tintin books Hergé ever made are Red Rackham's Treasure and The Red Sea Sharks.

I love Red Rackham's Treasure because you get to see all the best characters get invovled together - Tintin, Haddock,Thompson and Thompson and Calculus. You even get to see all of Caculus's inventions and the famous shark submarine.

The worst book Hergé did (sorry about this bertoia and levent) has to be The Castafiore Emerald because it is not really an exciting adventure. All of it happens in their own home.

My top ten Tintin books:
1 Red Rackham's Treasure
2 Red Sea Sharks
3 The Crab with the Golden Claws
4 The Broken Ear
5 The Black Island
6 Tintin in America
7 The Calculus Affair
8 Tintin and the Picaros
9 Explorers on the Moon
10 Tintin in Tibet

Thanks for reading my post.
Starlight
#35 · Posted: 14 Nov 2006 04:19
This is an awfully hard question (like a lot of others have mentioned) but *one* book that would definitely be on my favourite list is Black Island.

Perhaps because it's the first book I've ever read from the series...or perhaps because I have a thing for Scotland, or Tintin's kilt (heheh ^_^) Or simply because I like that adventure. Yep. And Tibet of course. And Castafiore Emerald.
The rest leave me spoilt for choice, they're all almost as good as each other!
veronbeezus
#36 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 15:44
My favorite has always been the `Moon Series`, interesting and wild imagination, the fact that all of my favorite casts are up there is a plus factor. Tintin in Tibet is wonderful too, friendship and faith between Tintin, Snowy, Haddock, Chang and Yeti leaves beautiful memories.
Charliezeta
#37 · Posted: 30 Nov 2006 08:04
My fav is The Secret of the Unicorn as that was my first Tintin read. And the Picaros because I met Herge in Oxford during a book- signing when it was released in the 1970's.
Harrock n roll
#38 · Posted: 30 Nov 2006 10:47
Charliezeta
I met Herge in Oxford during a book- signing

Lucky old you! May I ask, do you remember exactly where this was in Oxford? And did you get one signed?
Charliezeta
#39 · Posted: 30 Nov 2006 12:34
Hi yes I have a newspaper cutting with a pic of George Remi signing autographs that day -it was at the Paperback Shop-Blackwells- on Broad Street in Oxford-June 30th 1977. I got my Archives autographed.
Harrock n roll
#40 · Posted: 30 Nov 2006 13:30
Charliezeta
I have a newspaper cutting with a pic of George Remi signing autographs that day -it was at the Paperback Shop-Blackwells- on Broad Street in Oxford-June 30th 1977.

Thanks for your answer! May I also ask, was the picture in a local Oxford newspaper or a national?

Sorry if this seems like the start of ‘twenty questions’, but I’m hungry for any information about Hergé in the UK. I know that he was in London at around the same time and did at least one book signing, possibly at Hamley’s.

edit!
By the way, apologies as I only just noticed that you’d already answered my second question in the Introduce yourself #2 thread!

Page  Page 4 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!