Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Popol Out West: General discussion

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Rocky
#11 · Posted: 5 Jan 2007 14:07
The English paperback edition from 1992 may be cheap, but the 1969 English hardback edition is much rarer.
jockosjungle
#12 · Posted: 6 Jan 2007 16:43
There's no evidence that the edition from 1969 actually exists, it's just mentioned in certain searches...
I keep forgetting to look for a cheap copy, it is the only Hergé book released in English I do not own (aside from the original Castermans).

Rik
celalli
#13 · Posted: 6 Jan 2007 20:45
The Popol out West in my collection has a publication date of 1969.
Harrock n roll
#14 · Posted: 7 Jan 2007 02:03
The copy I picked up in the junk shop for three quid (see the first post from nearly 3 years ago!) was also the 1969 edition. I think it lists Blue Oranges on the back but I don't have it handy to check.

The two English editions are easy to tell apart. The 1969 one is in hardback with a circle design on the cover. The 1992 edition - which as far as I'm aware was only ever in paperback - had a greenish cover.
Danoz
#15 · Posted: 7 Jan 2007 05:43
On Amazon the 1992 Popol is available for about 255 pounds last time I checked... That's quite alot of money, (for me anyway). From the feedback in this Forum it seems that there are still Popol books floating around but I guess you'd have to be lucky.
jockosjungle
#16 · Posted: 7 Jan 2007 12:45
A copy on abebooks seems to go for about £40!

Well done on having the 1969 edition!

R

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!