Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Other Works by Hergé: Any recommendations?

Jordy
#1 · Posted: 8 Jan 2007 12:43
Fellow Tintinologists,
I am an avid fan of Tintin. I have all the books, the T.V. series on DVD and a few collectible items.

However, I have read the Tintin comics so many times, I am looking for something new to read. (Don't worry, I'll still read my Tintin!) I've heard good things about Hergé's other work, but never actually read any of them.
So, can anyone give any suggestions on what other works they enjoyed the most?

If anyone knows where I could get copies of the books/shows they suggest, it'd be appreciated.
tintin_in_arcata
#2 · Posted: 10 Jan 2007 02:16
The Jo, Zette & Jocko books are pretty good.
You can get a few of them at Tintin shops or on Amazon.com. They are my second favorite work by Hergé.

Also try Quick & Flupke.
They are much rarer than Tintin and JZ&J (I'm not even sure if they publish them in English anymore?) with less plot than, but they are still funny.

Good luck Jordy,
Gabe.
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 10 Jan 2007 16:47
The Jo, Zette & Jocko books are pretty good.

I agree with that. I didn't know what to expect initially, but I was pleasantly surprised with these books. The same kind of humour is present between these and the Tintin books, which I enjoy.
skut
#4 · Posted: 19 Jan 2007 06:07
I've always liked Jo, Zette & Jocko - especially The Mysterious Ray books.

While not nearly as rich as the Tintin books, you do get to see lots of wonderful Hergé artwork that you haven't seen 1000 times before.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!