Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

English 3-in-1 editions reissued including Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 12 Sep 2006 23:07
SiHunt
The artwork is reduced to a smaller size!
If you need another excuse, the art in the 3-in-ones is more or less the size at which it was coloured! The black and white line art was reduced in size for the application of the colour (certainly in the early volumes), and then the colour art was blown up again for the books...
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#12 · Posted: 26 Sep 2006 11:39
Volume 5 is now listed at amazon.co.uk - please could a Moderator put the link in my original post?

Ed

--
[Moderator note: done! :-)]
advnarayan
#13 · Posted: 29 Sep 2006 04:13
they could have added TINTIN AND THE BLUE ORANGES and TINTIN AND GOLDEN FLEECE to the list. i agree, though not written by herge, these movie- albums sure had the belessings of Herge- and remember they were once published by Methuen, the official publishers of tintin.
jock123
#14 · Posted: 29 Sep 2006 09:47
advnarayan
though not written by herge, these movie- albums sure had the belessings of Herge
Well, I’m not sure that we can go as far as saying that, as I can’t recall ever seeing what Hergé’s opinion of the movie books was.

True, they were published in his life-time, but there may have been a provision in the movie deal which required a tie-in book, or they might just have been make-weight titles to derive extra income, and not highly thought of at all. Of course, he may have loved them and thought them to be true gems, but as I said, I don’t think we know.

Personally, I’d be happy for them to be re-published, but I can’t imagine that they will be included in 3-in-1 style, not least until they are made available again in the standard size (I’d be delighted to be wrong!).
edcharlesadams
#15 · Posted: 9 Jan 2007 16:44
Here's a lo-res sneak preview of the new covers, taken from a publishing brochure:

[image link no longer works]

Ed
jock123
#16 · Posted: 9 Jan 2007 16:55
Thanks, ed!

Of course, now we’ll have to come up with a different name for them, as there is a two-in-one and a four-in-one in there too…

Digests? Omnibuses? Collections?
number1fan
#17 · Posted: 9 Jan 2007 17:13
The 4 in one is the reaL BARGAIN of the lot its they should have put the lake of sharks in one of the books and golden flessse and blue orange one could have had a tintin at the movies 3 in one book.
edcharlesadams
#18 · Posted: 5 Feb 2007 23:08
Well, today was the day, apparently! Has anyone seen these for sale yet?

Amazon.co.uk is saying "dispatched within 2 to 5 weeks", which would suggest that they are slightly delayed.

Ed
edcharlesadams
#19 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 23:12
A slightly better look at the covers from <a href="http://www.egmont.co.uk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.egmont.co.uk:</a>

[the links to images no longer work]

Plus the listings at amazon.co.uk seem to suggest that their release is imminent.

Ed
Balthazar
#20 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 23:56
I wonder why they didn't put America in the first three-story volume with Soviets and Congo. This would mean they could have three stories in each volume, instead two in this first volume, and four in volume eight.

America sort of follows on narratively from Congo and seems stylistically similar, so putting it in the same volume works. And the one-place-back shift that this would create would then make all the other three-book compilations more logical. If you work it out, it would put the double-book story of Unicorn and Red Rackham into the same volume as each other, whilst still leaving all the other double-stories together in their volumes.

Thinking about it, maybe they're trying to discourage children who'll want to read America from buying the "unsuitable" Congo in the same volume.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!