Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Is the First Album you Read Your Favourite One?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Starlight
#21 · Posted: 2 Dec 2006 07:28
Shaggy Milou
Thanks to that, my impressionable seven-year-old mind, as yet unaware of irony, took the word "sober" to mean "alcoholic".

Hahaha! Me too! It was the second book I read.
caleb
#22 · Posted: 28 Dec 2006 19:03
The first tintin book i read was tintin in america but my favorite is tintin in the soviets
tintinboy
#23 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 19:52
The first book I read was 'Castafiore Emerald'. I couldn't understand most of it. Second was 'Cigars of Pharaoh'. But, the favourite is 'The Seven Crystal Balls' {I don't know why?}. The 'Emerald' is actually one of my Unfavourites.
TNT
#24 · Posted: 15 Feb 2007 03:18
I read <the shooting star> first, but my favorite book is <tintin in tibet>. but I like <the shooting star>.
pokemon
#25 · Posted: 29 Jun 2007 15:53
My first book was The Crab with the Golden Claws, but I was introduced to it when I was a 5-year-old and didn't read it completely, nor understood it.
Many years later I started again by reading The Shooting Star but it was spiceless and after that I read the Unicorn and Crystal Balls series, which were thrilling.
Today I am still dying to read Crab!
snowybella
#26 · Posted: 30 Apr 2017 12:32
I read The Broken Ear first, but in my top 3 it's in 2nd place, with Shooting Star being first and Soviets third.
mct16
#27 · Posted: 1 May 2017 14:26
As I recall my first Tintin was "Flight 714". At the time I enjoyed it because of the action but today I consider it one of the weakest due to the "deus ex machina" intervention of the aliens.

My favourite for a long time was "Explorers on the Moon". It is certainly the most worn-out of my collection. I enjoy it because it is one of the earliest comics to give a plausible account of a journey into space and there is also the tension as the astronauts face a race against time to get to the moon and back before they run out of oxygen, especially with the increasing number of people in the rocket! Few science-fiction stories worry about issues like air supplies on rockets travelling through space.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!