Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Discuss your user name!

Page  Page 6 of 18:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  17  18  Next » 

Rajaijah
#51 · Posted: 23 Dec 2006 20:34
my name would seem obvious considering I am from India...
Rajaijah the poison of madness, from two of the three Tintin comics that depict India (Cigars, Blue Lotus & just a little bit of Tibet)... because KurviTasch was taken, I was too impatient to think of another one... and I wanted to join quickly!
Although I admire Herge's attention to linguistic detail (his Devanagri scripted-Hindi words in Tintin in Tibet are very correct), I don't believe Rajaijah means anything in Hindi, and certainly not the poison of madness atleast. But there are 16 official languages and 500 dialects in India so one doesn't know where Herge got that from.
castafiole
#52 · Posted: 23 Feb 2007 21:41
Castafiole is what Haddock calls Bianca Castafiore in two separate instances:

In "Red Sea Sharks", Haddock retaliates against her constant mangling of his name by calling her Castafiole,

And in "The Castafiore Emerald", when Tintin receives the letter from Bianca announcing her arrival at Marlinspike, Haddock asks how the "Castafiole" is.

And I'm a singer. Hence the name. ;P
shahril78
#53 · Posted: 5 Apr 2007 02:48
my user name comes from my name Shahril and the last 2 numbers, explains the year i was born.
tintinspartan
#54 · Posted: 5 Apr 2007 02:56
My username was inspired by the Halo 2 game. I took the word 'Spartan' and combine them with Tintin's name and what's my name? tintinspartan that is! Ha!
cigars of the beeper
#55 · Posted: 5 Apr 2007 19:58
Cigars of the beeper. First of all is beeper. This is not after the electronic gadget called a beeper but after a breed of chicken that I own. Their breed is really 'black crested white polish.' we called them beepers because when they were young, when one was separated from the others, it would make a strange sort of beep-beep sound. I decided to include the beepers because I think they are funny/strange. As for 'Cigars of the,' cigars of the pharaoh is one of my favorite Tintin books so I chose that. A strange looking chicken smoking a cigar makes a funny mental picture, doesn't it?
waveofplague
#56 · Posted: 6 Apr 2007 23:35
Cigars of the beeper is a very funny user name. Especially when the beeper is actually a chicken.
motheroftintin
#57 · Posted: 12 Apr 2007 01:48
Hey,
I wanted to call myself "the key to fred's jam cupboard. But... oh well.
waveofplague
#58 · Posted: 12 Apr 2007 19:01
castafiole: In "Red Sea Sharks", Haddock retaliates against her constant mangling of his name by calling her Castafiole, And in "The Castafiore Emerald", when Tintin receives the letter from Bianca announcing her arrival at Marlinspike, Haddock asks how the "Castafiole" is.

What is a Castafiole??
tuhatkauno
#59 · Posted: 13 Apr 2007 20:54
Could it be "an instrument"? In the Finnish edition she is called "castanet".

Jyrki21
I name myself in most things like this after a rather obscure reference: Jyrki Lumme, a Finnish hockey player who was always my favorite as a defenseman for the Vancouver Canucks.

Hello Jyrki21

Couldn't help noticing your name as a Finn. Did you know Jyrki Lumme has a nickname "Sonja"? In Finland he is called Sonja according to a Finnish lady singer Sonja Lumme. You can find her picture easily in Google, try search pictures and write Sonja Lumme and voila!

By the way the pronounciation you suggested is rather good if you remember that r is Finnish r :)

Now he plays in Tampereen Ilves.

--
[Edited by Mod to combine 2 consecutive posts.]
waveofplague
#60 · Posted: 14 Apr 2007 15:30
I say, tuhatkauno, your user name is mesmerizing! Especially since it makes no sense to me! I wish I had that user name.

Page  Page 6 of 18:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  17  18  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!