Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

BFI Tintin Night at the National Film Theatre, London, 5 March 2007

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Rocky
#31 · Posted: 8 Mar 2007 21:54
I enjoyed the film much more than I had expected to (having only vague memories of when I saw it on TV in 1978), it's surprisingly true to the spirit of Tintin.
It was also nice to meet Jockosjungle and The Poet Zloty.
A major bonus was seeing/hearing Herge speaking in English in the extract from 'Them and Us: Belgium' (1975). Interesting to hear him say in the interview that Tintin was originally 14 and is now 17 or 18.
jockosjungle
#32 · Posted: 11 Mar 2007 20:38
Great to meet you as well Rocky! I was also surprised when Herge said Tintin's age as well, it seems that there has been lots of speculation and I assumed it was because Herge never said!

R
alicelights
#33 · Posted: 11 Mar 2007 22:54
I was surprised about that too, jockosjungle!

I guess it's because he never said it very publicly... Also part of the character's charm was the sheer timeless everyday boy/man aspect (heck, I’d even call him androgynous).

[excuse]Though, if I twist Herge’s words, I seem to remember he was not very emphatic (eg. 'this is his age'). He merely stated that this was how he considered the character when drawing.[/excuse]

I was also amazed by his English! He was pretty good.
The Poet Zloty
#34 · Posted: 12 Mar 2007 15:43
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I did too - weird to see the film up on the big screen all these years later, and more entertaining with an audience, I thought.

We screened a Digibeta copy, as stated earlier on this thread. The BFI has the BBC's 35mm print of the film, and ideally we would have projected that, but I didn't want to risk screening it as it may be a unique copy of the English language version. So it was telecined, and a Digibeta copy made. The other material came from the BBC's Archive.

The next project is to search out a nice 35mm print of Blue Oranges, preferably with English soundtrack. Anybody got one?

Cheerio
Vic
Rocky
#35 · Posted: 13 Mar 2007 14:01
alicelights, you are quite right. The point Herge seemed to be making was that he did not envisage Tintin as being the same age as when he started.

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!