Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

The Blue Lotus: How fast is that fight?

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 15 Mar 2007 19:46
I find it strange that on page 25 of 'The Blue Lotus' that when Tintin throws the first punch at Mitsuhirato, he already is very mangled, as if he and Tintin have been fighting for several minutes and tintin has finally subdued his adversary. What does everyone else think of this?
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 16 Mar 2007 17:22
Well have a look at Snowy. He's got a good mouthful of Mitsuhiratos trousers, so I'm sure he had a helping hand!

In all honesty I've always taken that scene at face value. Mitsuhirato attacks Tintin from behind and gets a good hiding for his trouble. We know Tintin can dish it out, as in the early episodes Soviets/Congo there are a few examples of him doing just this. To me I suppose it's just condensing all of the action into one frame.
Balthazar
#3 · Posted: 16 Mar 2007 18:03
Or maybe Tintin has a pocket version of Professor Calculus's clothes-brushing machine concealed in his fist.
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 16 Mar 2007 18:46
"Mitsuhirato, prepare to get a damn good brushing. Your clothes are history!"
motheroftintin
#5 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 14:26
Well, I fell pretty bad for Mitshutarsomething. His greatest foe is seemingly immune to Rahjahwhatever Poison, gun doesn't work, a butterknife would be more effective, and he had an encounter with Calculus's Clothes Brushing Machine. Poor creepy Asian guy.
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 21:13
Clothes-brushing machine! I love it!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!