Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Bits they added to the adaptations

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 24 Mar 2007 11:09
I watched 7 episodes of the Ellipse-Nelvana Tintin TV series. If you never realised, take The Crab with The Golden Claws for example. In the book, Captain Haddock never hits Tintin with the bottle while he was flying. The enemy pilot did it instead. Another cut scence from the book was when Tintin tried to chase Haddock's kidnappers. In the book, Haddock and Tintin were cornered into a wine store but in the TV series, Haddock got the gun and Tintin chases Allan. Another outtake was in The Shooting Star. In the book, there's a scence about the stop at Iceland but in the TV series, they didn't make any.

For the Adds, The Ellipse Nelvana Team added a scence in their adaptation of Explorers on The Moon; the scene where Haddock jumped off the rocket. Tintin was drifted away and pulled into orbit of Adonis. He shot the rope and were engaged in the rungs of the ladder. Another addition-this time, the script-was when Wolff explained to Calculus. He never told Calculus about 'the guy' who made him a spy in the book but in the TV series, he confessed that Jorgen was the one who made him a spy. Blistering Books!

One last one. In Tintin in Tibet, Calculus was not in the story in the TV series but he was in the storyline in the book. Tintin and Haddock went sightseeing in Delhi stated the book but was not included in the TV series. Thundering Televisions!

What's your say? If you have something else to add on, help yourself!
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 25 Mar 2007 02:51
I don't mind the add-ons they are more or less true to the books.
But I really disliked the 'censorship' of Captain Haddock's behaviour - that was very disappointing. Though for the most part I really enjoyed the cartoons.
marsbar
#3 · Posted: 26 Mar 2007 20:20
Please use existing thread "Ellise-Nelvana series: bits they cut out" to post comments about scenes from the books that did not make it to the animated series.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!