Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 1 of 16:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

Tintinrulz
#1 · Posted: 3 Mar 2004 02:46
Tom Hanks is to be playing the part of Captain Haddock and Tintin hasn't been decided but that guy from Small Soldiers, Billy Elliot actor and the freckled guy from Harry Potter are rumored to being the last few before it is whittled down to one actor.

I do hope the Harry Potter guy doesn't get it! Tintin? Freckles. No. Annoying sidekick behaviour. No. Red hair. No. Too Tall. Yes. No resemblance what so ever.

I wouldn't mind the Billy Elliot actor or the Small Soldier's actor getting the part though. They're good actors and they actually look some what like Tintin!
marsbar
#2 · Posted: 5 Mar 2004 10:05
Several actors have been mentioned in connection with the lead role in the Tintin trilogy: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Leonardo di Caprio, and more recently Rupert Grint, Jamie Bell and Gregory Smith.

Some say, besides Spielberg, Roman Polanski may also be planning a Tintin movie, an adapation of 'Tintin in Tibet.' Others say one of the movies in Spielberg's Tintin trilogy will be based on Tintin's adventures in China and Tibet, instead of on the Moon.

I am sure we can expect many more rumours before the series gets off the ground.
picaros
#3 · Posted: 4 Apr 2004 19:36
Short Round (the little Chinese boy from Temple of Doom) might be a take on Chang, since they're both orphans, although Chang is not as irritating as the other fellow (ha ha, very funny, very funny!) but I think I'm getting a little carried away here with these comparisons...
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 5 Apr 2004 01:25
No, I seen the similarity also. But yes, Short Round did get annoying! I think I prefer Raiders and Crusade to Temple. Temple seemed to be dark, occultic, gruesome and rather scary in the sacrifice scene. I did like everything that happened before they got to the temple though - but that cuts out half the movie!
tybaltstone
#5 · Posted: 10 Apr 2004 11:19
I must admit I don't totally mind the idea of Tom Hanks as Captain Haddock, but us Brits do have a thing about Hollywood always getting Americans to play British characters (and then always using English actors as mastermind villains!).

What about Brian Blessed? Maybe, even for the Captain, he would be a bit too much, but I bet it would be hard to beat him roaring out "Billions of Billious Blue Blistering Barnacles!".

- G
picaros
#6 · Posted: 10 Apr 2004 23:25
I must admit I don't totally mind the idea of Tom Hanks as Captain Haddock, but us Brits do have a thing about Hollywood always getting Americans to play British characters (and then always using English actors as mastermind villains!)

How can you say such a thing like that, Garen? British and Australian actors are the cream of the crop these days. Take a look at Jude Law, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, Orlando Bloom and Colin Farrell. They're practically taking over the industry! (I mean that in a good way) Take Jude Law, for example. He played an American in Cold Mountain and another one in Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow (coming soon!). I could go on, but I don't want to incite any fervor. But Tom Hanks as Captain Haddock? I don't know about that...
picaros
#7 · Posted: 12 Apr 2004 14:53
I hope I didn't hit any nerves in my last post; I happen to be a big movie enthusiast and it was one of those spur of the moment things so I tend to keep nattering on and on about movies and such, so I hope nobody took it the wrong way. Sorry Garen if I sounded a bit insensitive

My question/poll of the day is: who would YOU cast for the Tintin movie? (you can pick anybody famous or obscure, but still living)
kirthiboy
#8 · Posted: 12 Apr 2004 18:03
Me, whoelse? Haha! Just kidding though I surely guess everybody would wish to be Tintin once in their lifetime. But its really difficult to say who should be casted for the Tintin movie? I think Jude Law could make a very good Tintin by looks; don't know by acting though. I only saw his movie "Enemy at the gates". Hugh Jackman could also be a try though would not be a great choice. I don't think Orlando Bloom would be good for Tintin though he was amazing in both "LOTR" and "Pirates of the Carribean". Let me think of some more people who could be worth a try.
And as for Captain Haddock, though Tom Hanks won't be perfect but I just love the guy's acting especially "Saving Private Ryan", "Forrest Gump" and "Castaway". Also, what about Robin Williams? I think he would be kinda cool for Captain Haddock. Lets keep this discussion. Maybe if we came with a good result, we will post it to Steven! ;)

Also, lets think about other characters too "Calculus", "Thomson & Thompson", "Nestor" etc. And yes who would be Signora Castifiore? I mean does their a woman really exist like her. Man I hate that woman.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#9 · Posted: 12 Apr 2004 18:40
Good idea, Kirthy ! Though sadly, I doubt he would listen to us !
tybaltstone
#10 · Posted: 12 Apr 2004 21:23
Picaros - no nerves struck, old chap, I didn't take your comments in a bad light at all - you make an excellent point, and are quite right in what you say. My own comments were meant in a light-hearted way. As long as the acting's good I have no objections to who's playing a character really. Sometimes if they can't do an appropriate accent then it can make you wonder though....

I can't think who could play Tintin!

Page  Page 1 of 16:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.