Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Marlinspike Hall (well, almost) on YouTube

Balthazar
#1 · Posted: 23 Apr 2007 12:19
There's a video listed on YouTube's home page at the moment called How to Feed 100 Dogs at Once. Most of it is a rather badly-shot flm of someone arranging the mass feeding of a hundred or so fox hounds in a large concrete pen - not that interesting unless you're a kennel owner, I'd imagine. However, it's filmed at Chateau Chevernay, which was Hergé's real-life model for Moulinsart/Marlinspike and the opening of the video is a longish shot of the building with the tree-lined lawn in front. If you ignore the two large sections of building at each side of Chateau Chevernay (which Hergé lopped off to create Marlinspike) you can almost imagine you're watching a video of Tintin arriving at the Hall. Well, you can if you're an obsessive Tintin fan, anyway.
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 23 Apr 2007 12:54
Nice spot, Balthazar.

That ten second establishing shot has convinced me that my quick trip to the Loire Valley later this year will be well worth it.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!