Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

How many Tintin books do you have (or have read)?

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

miloumuttmitt
#1 · Posted: 10 Jul 2004 19:36
Please post.
I have read all the Tintin books except King Ottokar's Sceptre, Destination Moon, Flight 714, Soviets,Congo (not in English at least) and Picaros.
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 01:52
I own all the English Hergé books ever published except for Popol, the two Quick & Flupke albums, and Tintin and Alph-Art.
But I have read them all.

Rik
tintin_fanatic
#3 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 02:07
I also own the entire series of Tintin in English apart from the Soviets and Congo. I've also read all the books as well.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 10:43
I've got the full series in English, quite a few in French, and a fair number of books about Hergé and Tintin in general; I think around 90 or so in total, built up over the course of eleven years.

... but I've never read a Quick & Flupke book, or Popol & Virginie. And I haven't got "Mr Pump's Legacy" or "The Valley of the Cobras".
miloumuttmitt
#5 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 22:35
I've never read any other Herge works besides Tintin.
Tintin_fanatic, I'm so jealous.
tintin_fanatic
#6 · Posted: 12 Jul 2004 01:12
Well you have a good reason to be jealous miloumuttmitt, after all we are talking about Tintin here! =)
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 1 Aug 2004 00:56
I have read all the Tintin books (yes Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art -first edition included) except the black and white facsmilies of Tintin in America through to The Crab with the Golden Claws.

Although I don't own all of them yet (very expensive comics), I plan to. I have:

Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
Tintin in the Congo (black English version and French colour version)
The Broken Ear
The Shooting Star
The Secret of the Unicorn
The Seven Crystal Balls
Prisoners of the Sun
The Calculus Affair
Tintin in Tibet
Flight 714

The titles vary and are either the adventures I consider that are the best in the series or were available at the shops when I bought them and for Congo and Soviets I bought them for their 'history', interest and rarity (at the time I bought them English versions were ridiculously rare in shops and online).
OJG
#8 · Posted: 4 Aug 2004 20:12
If you're not feeling up to a reading a long-winded list, better stop here!

I have all the main Tintin stories (Tintin in America to Tintin and the Picaros), mostly in paperback but 2 in hardback.

I've also got Tintin and the Lake of Sharks, Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, and the English Tintin in the Congo (I DO wish they'd bring out the colour, re-done version in English).

And then I've got stuff like the 'Pocket Essential' Tintin, the Tintinologue (I love that book), Tintin and the World of Hergé, and the Tintin Games Book. One really rare one I found was the Tintin Action Playbook 1.

As well as these, I have got (don't ask me why) L'Ile Noire, Le Temple Du Soleil, and Il Drago Blu (French and Italian).
tintinmob
#9 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 03:35
I have all the tintin books in the series except alph-art witch i am in the prosess of ordering
Martine
#10 · Posted: 9 Oct 2004 22:56
Ugh, I'm just getting started...though I did begin buying the books years ago now, I've only bought a few, i dunno why; and they're getting more scarce every year here! (something I'm fixing up through eBay...)

I've the regular Congo, Black Island, Explorers on the Moon (my first one), Flight 714, and The Lake of Sharks (dunno why I bought that one, but I did), all in Spanish.
I spilled a few years ago, and I bought Soviets in English (it's huge!)
I also own (or owned, i haven't seen it around here for a while...) an issue of an Argentinean magazine called 'Billiken' (a very old one), that has two pages from The Shooting Star published, as a long-running series.
And I'm buying a Tintin Picaros at eBay right now, cos I want that 'fashion statement'...

I know it's not much; it was the TV series that first got me hooked (when it aired on HBO; then, on Cartoon Network)
I also saw both animated movies, plus Les Oranges Bleu, and until not many years ago, I had La Toison D'Or taped (from the French channel) in french, subbed in Spanish.

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!