Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Dark and disturbing scene in the Tintin albums?

Page  Page 2 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 

waveofplague
#11 · Posted: 14 Apr 2007 15:33
Indeed, Shaggy Milou. I was just perusing Ottokar the other day. I say, that was quite a creepy scene. It really registers when the restaurateur claims that the meal is made of dog and Tintin proceeds to call frantically for Snowy. I would have done the same in that situation!
Emerald
#12 · Posted: 15 Apr 2007 17:33
I first read The Seven Crystal Balls aged 7. The mummy Rascar Capac gave me nightmares. I only found out 10 years later that my Dad (who introduced me to the books) had also been dead scared of Rascar Capac as a kid. It still freaks me out sometimes.
Jorgen221
#13 · Posted: 23 Apr 2007 04:52
For me, it would be the scene in "The Broken Ear" where the two villains are apparently drowned and it shows two devils apparently taking them to hell.
Borschtisov
#14 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 00:39
What do you find disturbing, Jorgen221? The fact that they drowned; or the fact the they are being taken to hell?
Jorgen221
#15 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 04:58
The fact they were being taken to hell.
alvarolino
#16 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 15:10
The poverty-stricken family scenes at a slum in Picaros is rather disturbing for me...
Two not so nice policemen seem to impose that condition on those unhappy people moreover. Hergé really knew the awful South-American social reality that persists up to nowadays.
Ranko
#17 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 16:02
The price tags of the 3-in-1's
13 English pounds

Most disturbing!
BlackIsland
#18 · Posted: 22 May 2007 21:25
The inca mummy is ultimately spooky. As a young boy (30 years ago) I was really scared of the mummy and even nowadays it gives me the creeps.
Yes me too. I can still see how dark that story was after all these years. The whole tone of the Crystal Balls was scary.
cigars of the beeper
#19 · Posted: 23 May 2007 16:33
I think it is disturbing in the scene in The Calculus Affair when the Bordurians are demonstrating Calculus's invention. They seem to think that they have actually seen a city being destroyed, and they are dissappointed when they learn that it was not. And also, I was ten years old when I first read The Seven Crystal Balls, so I can relate to those of you who are afraid of Rascar Capac.
titanomega
#20 · Posted: 26 May 2007 06:53
I don't know about you guys but what shocked me (not like disturbing or violent) was in Explorers on the moon where Wolff just jumps into space. That totally freaked me out.

Page  Page 2 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!