Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q198: Find the connection

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Emerald
#1 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 17:20
Apologies if this question is really lame. How do y'all think up such interesting and unique questions?

What do a Syldavian lady and Mr Wagner have in common?
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 18:31
This will be a long shot. Does the connection have anything to do with real people in King Ottokar's Sceptre?

Igor Wagner - Igor Stravinski, Richard Wagner page 28 and 38.
Syldavian Lady - Germaine Remi (Hergé's wife) page 59.
Emerald
#3 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 19:25
It's not, but that is a good answer!
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 19:34
Labrador's answer is sophisticated. I thought my brain out of my head if there was some other connection. They seem to have nothing in common. One possible answer could be that they both appear in the same frame (Sceptre, 38). That's all I got, not much. How do you know these backgroud things, are you akin to Remi? :-)
toydreamer
#5 · Posted: 26 Apr 2007 21:58
Mr Wagner and a Syldavian Lady both tend to a feinted Castafiore in the last frame on page 38 of King Ottokar's Sceptre.
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 08:01
Is she a Syldavian lady, who tends Bianca with Igor? I reckon the lady wears a yellow dress this time unlike in pages 59-60. She is sitting next to her husband wearing a sort of crown, but the woman tending Bianca wears a "white thing". That "white thing" seems to be very common among the audience. So Tom Jones cannot sing "She is a lady" this time. :-)
tintinspartan
#7 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 08:43
Hey tuthatkano, you're a Tom Jones fan? Well, i like music from Cliff Richard, Elvis, Tom Jones, Dean Martin, Micheal Buble, Ray Charles, Elton John, Olivia Newton John, Lobo, ABBA, Stevie Wonder, Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, Dean Warrick, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, Bee Gees and much more.

Moderator Note: tintinspartan please do not hijack this thread and turn it into a music discussion - keep your comments on-topic, thanks.
The Happy Tintinologist Team
Emerald
#8 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 17:40
Yay! toydreamer got it right! Well done! It's your turn now :-)
Emerald
#9 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 17:41
Maybe not. But I wasn't sure how else to describe her that would not seem too vague.
tuhatkauno
#10 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 18:41
Hello Emerald

This is only my opinion, but I think Labrador gave the first good answer though it wasn't the one you had in mind. I thought the game was over and I gave my proposal for an possible answer beside Labrador's. You were writing your commet at the same time and I noticed that the game was going on. My answer wasn't the right either, but I still believe, that the woman in green is not the Lady, but someone else. If so, you've got two acceptable answers Labrador's and mine and Labrador was the first. I'm not after a point, but should you reconsider what to do to Labrador's answer. :-)

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.