Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q200: Poor boy...

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

alvarolino
#1 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 01:11
Hi all,
I'm pleased to set the question number 200!!!....d:0)

Well, in Tintin adventures there are some boys that seem to have a hard life. Among them there's a declared "orphan". Who's he?
toydreamer
#2 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 01:37
Heya,

Is it Blue Lotus page 43 - bottom middle frame? Chang says "My parents are lost... I've no where to go.. Couldn't i come with you?..."

Sounds like an orphan to me. :)
labrador road 26
#3 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 01:38
I guess that must be Chang Chong-chen.

Rats, just seconds to late.
toydreamer
#4 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 02:17
I'm not counting my chickens on this one. Thought I'd get the answer in before heading out for the day, but the declared "orphan" bit has me thinking... Fingers crossed, anyway. :)
alvarolino
#5 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 02:44
Hi toydreamer,

I made use of the word declared because orphan is a condition asserted in the book.

As for Chang, I think he got lost from his parents during the tragic floods close to Hankow. But did they really die?

Well, if my understanding is right, I think the challenge must go on...
Isabel a marche sur la lune
#6 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 05:32
um, is it the kid that accompanies him around in Tintin in the Congo?
alvarolino
#7 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 08:27
Good try, Isabel!!! But this is not the answer I'm looking for.

(I don't remember any reference about his parents)... d:0(
tuhatkauno
#8 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 08:34
this is just a hunch, i remeber captain has sworn something like "in the name of my late mum ..." i'm lazy and won't check this up, so Captain is my answer :-)
jock123
#9 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 10:29
alvarolino
I made use of the word declared because orphan is a condition asserted in the book. As for Chang, I think he got lost from his parents during the tragic floods close to Hankow. But did they really die?
Under the terms of your question, that doesn’t matter does it? You asked who declared themselves an orphan, not who was in actual fact an orphan - which Chang does by saying he has lost both his parents, and he fits the conditions of being a boy with a hard life (if nothing else the trials of the dlood show that).

I think toydreamer has the point and the next question.
toydreamer
#10 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 10:38
I'll take the point and the next question. Is it over to me?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.