Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q201: Who is it?

toydreamer
#1 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 23:27
Time for a quick one.

Who is it? Requiring the character, the scene and the book.

"Ssh!... Not a sound!"

"Who-who... who are you?"
Borschtisov
#2 · Posted: 30 Apr 2007 02:13
I believe the character is Tintin; in the "who are you?" the you is addressed to him.

It's on page 15, frame 11, of The Crab with the Golden Claws. Tintin has just come through the porthole and knocked Haddock on the head with his feet.
alvarolino
#3 · Posted: 30 Apr 2007 02:13
The Crab with the Golden Claws, page 15... It's the first time Tintin and Captain Haddock talk to each other.

EDIT: 19 seconds late!!!!
Borschtisov
#4 · Posted: 30 Apr 2007 02:18
I can't believe it! Only 19 seconds! ... If I had taken a drink of water or something before I submitted my answer I would have lost ... Now, that is what I call close!
toydreamer
#5 · Posted: 30 Apr 2007 03:09
Nice one.

Quick and easy.

Point to Borschtisov and the next question. :)
tintinspartan
#6 · Posted: 30 Apr 2007 11:16
Ohh.. Can we have an additional rule about rewarding both parties which came too close to each other in answering the same question a mark. The first would get the turn.

Alvarino, you may get a bonus point if this rule was came up.
Ranko
#7 · Posted: 30 Apr 2007 11:52
Ohh.. Can we have an additional rule about rewarding both parties which came too close to each other in answering the same question a mark. The first would get the turn.

I do not wish to be seen as a party pooper, and indeed do not wish to undermine the sterling job our Admins are doing, but I rather think we are starting to give away points at the drop of a hat. For instance, it seems perfectly acceptable for a question to be answered correctly and then a few minutes later someone else answers correctly who also receives points for basically "being in the right place at the right time" I'm going to have my detractors on this one (We all love friendly argument :-), but I think we need to clampdown somewhat otherwise we may have a "Well I participated in this question, where's my point" type of scenario.
Don't take this as sour grapes, we're asking some very thoughtful questions (And yes, ultimately it's all in good fun) so don't undermine things by having a "points giveaway"

Minor rant over...back to mild mannered Ranko!

This topic is closed.