Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Ever used Tintin in your school projects or essays?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 10 May 2007 09:05
Well, I used Tintin in my artwork as passion. I want to be like Herge', a comic strip writer. I've been lately drawing Tintin in My artworks and sketchbooks. Tintin helped me obtained an A1 for my History Gameshow and got the attention of my friends with my artwork of Haddock in the kitchen of Marlinspike. Too bad I passed it up to my teacher. I could post it here if I got it back soon. I created a Tintin inspired character named Martin, who looked simillar and think simillar like Tintin in my English Sec 2 Exam Essay.

Well, I'm just curious. Did you use Tintin in a school project or essay?
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 10 May 2007 19:46
whenever I do a large research project, I copy/paste a related panel from Tintin to the bottom of the page.
franceslikestintin
#3 · Posted: 26 Jul 2007 16:08
Im starting a whole bloody thesis on tintin, and I need help!, see my message.
fritzette
#4 · Posted: 5 Oct 2007 04:42
When I was an elementary student, I often draw and cross-stitch Tintin in my school projects.
SakuraT5
#5 · Posted: 14 Oct 2007 19:28
yes I actually used Tintin for my seminar on comic strip artists.Back in 10th grade I used Tintin for my english project.
71N71Nfan
#6 · Posted: 19 Oct 2007 02:07
I'll use Tintin in artwork and stuff and then my art teacher will put them up in the school's art gallery...

And i have done a small study on Herge... But that's about it... X3

~Em
rippy
#7 · Posted: 23 Oct 2007 10:32
Many years ago (1987 I think) we had to stand up in front of the class and talk about a subject we enjoyed. I chose tintin and highlighted Tibet being my favourite book.

I changed my mind soon after that - The Calculus Affair being my favourite, it's superbly structured, the plot and animation being second to none!

What's everybody else's favourite book?
Harrock n roll
#8 · Posted: 23 Oct 2007 17:30
rippy
What's everybody else's favourite book?

For the answer to that check this thread!
tintinagalog
#9 · Posted: 14 Nov 2007 04:53
Since high school, I have made lots of Tintin--- from sketches to short stories, paintings, computerized jpeg prints, geocities website, tarpaulins, tshirts and mug printings, and computer-printed stickers because, till present, official and original tintin merchandise are very rare, and quite expensive if I order them from abroad.

Because of Tintin's great influence also that has motivated me to create my own novels featuring Jasper Ray Montelibano, a young reporter following his idol Tintin's footsteps, and one of those episodes I wrote is the moment jasper and his friends toured Belgium, and suddenly entered an old abandoned house where they were shifted to Tintin's animated world!

As a secondary English teacher, I sometimes use in my grammar discussions the statement extracts mentioned by Tintin and company in their comic books and animated dvds.
Diego the Dreadful
#10 · Posted: 6 Jan 2008 13:10
I drew a brief parallel to "Tintin in the Congo" in my exam essay on colonialism in Conrad's "Heart of Darkness". I had done this earlier in the year and had been criticized for it. Luckily for me the person marking my exam paper must have been a Tintin fan because I got 94%

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!