Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Eurovision Song Contest 2007

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

marsbar
#1 · Posted: 16 May 2007 14:53
Did anyone tune in to watch Eurovision last week? I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this year's entries. :-)
tuhatkauno
#2 · Posted: 16 May 2007 16:06
Hello Australia

I did watch the whole happening from the beginning to the end. I live 120 km from Helsinki. I wasn't there but you can imagine all the fuss in media. All the sudden after the hilarious victory in Athens Eurovision was taken seriously here. Even grannies praised the Lordi. he, he

I like humoristic aspects of life and Eurovision is that. The winner, well it didn't touch me deeply unlike the second, Team Ukraine, what the hell was that?! (sorry i sweared) Astro-transvestites were singing children's song in German. I thought what the non-Europeans are thinking of this. This must look freaking weird.

I wished Georgia had won the whole song contest, first Oriental hounting and then Björk style techno-chorus. Wow, and how fragile the singer was. Think, if Georgia had won the contest, where on earth is it anyway? See you in Tbilisi next year. ;)
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 16 May 2007 17:18
I think eurovision song contest is by far the worst night in the year lol i realy cant stand it it has an extremly big gay following now and uk,s entrant Scotch or what ever they was called was just terrible.
waveofplague
#4 · Posted: 16 May 2007 18:22
Astro-transvestites were singing children's song in German. I thought what the non-Europeans are thinking of this. This must look freaking weird.

Wow-lainen, you summed it up perfectly. Non-Europeans, including this American, have always thought it's Weird with a capital W. However, there are some corners of this country, such as San Francisco, in which astro-transvestites are the norm. So these San Franciscans must have seen Team Ukraine and pined for the Kiev.

I really don't know anything about this subject at all, other than it's weird, but I think jockosjungle made an interesting point when he said that the Eastern Europeans seem to take it more seriously than the Westerners. I suspect it gives them all a chance to revel in their national identity! I know I revel in mine (sorta)!
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 16 May 2007 19:56
I watched it as usual but was embaressed by the UK entry, it seems I said the same thing two years ago!

Really liked the winning entry and also the Ukranian, great stuff!

R
mondrian
#6 · Posted: 17 May 2007 11:03
I'll watch as soon as one country bothers to send someone with a proper song (no, I don't like the Eurovision genre). Sweden tried this year, but the song was below average.

So, Morrissey, Jarvis Cocker (and who else has stated their interest?), is it about time to do something about it?
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 17 May 2007 20:29
Anyone can state their interest in England, but the publics votes for the best song. Hence Justin Hawkins didn't get the UK nomination

R
mondrian
#8 · Posted: 18 May 2007 03:31
jockosjungle: publics votes for the best song.

...and maybe that's why all the wrong songs end up winning? (yes, 70 million flies are usually wrong. Sh*t tastes like sh*t, no matter what they say.)

Why can't we have a competition in which I decide what's a good song and then the public unanimously agree with me?
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 18 May 2007 07:29
mondrian:
Why can't we have a competition in which I decide what's a good song and then the public unanimously agree with me?

Hi my fellow countryman. Don't you remember any more the reality show arranged by Uncle "Kurvi-Tasch" Joe just for us. Joe composed the songs and The Boy Choir of Finnish Parlament sang them and people applauded.

But could you be the good king? I have a naive trust in democracy and equality and silly things like that. But you've got a point as well, 5 million Finns can be wrong and they normally are what comes to good taste. And we know, as experience shows, that people are not equals, The Tintinologists are more equal than the others, so from this point of view it might be worth of trying to let you name one good song in a year. I would unanimously agree with you, but do I have to listen to it? ;)
Ranko
#10 · Posted: 18 May 2007 08:37
We could do this. Tintinologists will win next year. All it takes is one of us to be Tintin, one of us to be Haddock, (dont worry about the vocal ability) the rest of us are "the backing singers" - all in matching Thomsons outfits. The song doesn't matter. Lots of thigh slapping, clapping and shouting should do. Make a few references to the adventures, but in general sing about European pride. For a grand finale, "Snowy" could run on draped in an EU flag! The public would love it, Wogan would hate it and we'd all have a jolly old laugh!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!