Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tampa treasure hunters say they struck it BIG

waveofplague
#1 · Posted: 19 May 2007 16:19
I couldn't help but think of Tintin, the Captain, Calculus and the Thompsons when I saw THIS in the news.

To see the crates and crates and crates of treasure, it makes me think they found just a little bit more than the Captain and Tintin did. :) I wonder if they'll retire in an ancestral home in Europe! Hell, they could probably afford dozens of ancestral homes all over the world!

I'm so envious of them! I'm setting out immediately in search of sunken treasure in the Atlantic ocean. Who's with me?!
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 19 May 2007 21:29
I am. I have some conditions however...

Can you confirm there will be NO steel plates in the hold of the ship? Whiskey or beer please. No shark shaped sub. they only get trapped in weeds anyway.
Similarly there is to be no digging, dowsing or detectives. I'm not sure about the diving part either.

I don't want to have to backtrack either. Lets get our maps correct. We don't want to go through the whole Paris/Greenwich zero meridian issue.

And finally, lets try to get a ships cook that can cook more than biscuits and chicken and be more discrete then go shooting his mouth off in bars about treasure hunts!

:-)
Balthazar
#3 · Posted: 19 May 2007 21:58
Ranko
No shark shaped sub. they only get trapped in weeds anyway.

Although Calculus's shark-shaped sub may not be entirely safe, and doesn't directly take them to the treasure, Tintin and Haddock would never have discovered the treasure without the sub's existence.

It's only because Calculus's submarine design is bought by the government that he has the money to help Haddock buy Marlinspike. And, of course, it's only because they've bought Marlinspike that they're able to find the treasure in its vaulted cellars.

So I wouldn't completely rule out taking along a stowaway inventor with an implausible invention in steel plate form smuggled into crates in the hold, Ranko.
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 19 May 2007 22:10
Ok, the inventors in. Just keep an eye on the biscuits!
waveofplague
#5 · Posted: 20 May 2007 03:39
Hey Ranko, you sound like you just want a big ol' bounty dropped in your lap! :) So you wouldn't be willing to join my steel-plates-bearing, sharks-aplenty, alcohol-free, digging-dowsing-and-detectives-laden, backtrack-a-go-go treasure hunt with a loose cannon for a bad chef and tons and tons of diving? ;) Utterly inconceivable!
tintinspartan
#6 · Posted: 21 May 2007 08:52
The 14th century gold. Well, wait for a legend to unfold and treasure will be ours. Ha!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!