Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: TV Series DVD in English?

b_tintin
#1 · Posted: 23 May 2007 12:00
Hi all, I'm new here and I have been a long time fan of Tintin. I used to watch the Tintin cartoons on TV here in Canada a long time ago (in English). They were great!

Recently I found out that you can buy the TV series on dvd. This is exciting news!! I did some internet research and obvious locations to buy are eBay and amazon.com.

However I have a question. It seems that the Tintin dvd only comes in French with English subtitles. I really don't want that though. Is there one available that is in English only? I don't really want to be watching it in French and having to read the subtitles. Kind of frustrating. Any help on where to find the English version of Tintin tv series on DVD would be greatly appreciated.
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 23 May 2007 12:46
Hi b_tintin, and welcome to our forums. Enjoy your stay.

I have the 75th anniversary boxed set of all the adventures in English. I don't want to give you false information, but I think this version is readily available. Have a look at the Amazon.uk site (I've just visited amazon.ca, I see what you mean. The US site has the DVD's but in 2 box sets rather than one (Weighing in at a hefty 70 US dollars also) Can you get region 2 DVD's to play? If so, you may have luck trying the European market.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-Tintin-75th-Anniversary/dp/B0001Z5Y W8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-5196730-5232657?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179918535&sr =8-1
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 23 May 2007 20:28
Very few R1 players are multi-region, you're probably best off with the Canadian releases

R
b_tintin
#4 · Posted: 23 May 2007 23:00
Ok, thanks "ranko" and "jockosjungle" for your help. Much appreciated!

I guess I might go for this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Aventures-Tintin-Vol-1-10-English-Included/dp/B0 00FBATA0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-2990952-2570512?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179956 066&sr=1-3
EDIT: this link above doesn't work. Type B000FBATA0 into the search box on amazon to find the dvd I was talking about.

There is an English track so you can listen to it in English, that's what I was looking for. Are there special features in these dvd's? Those are neat.
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 24 May 2007 08:17
IIRC, my DVD set only has multi-language options. My French is rather poor but it is fun watching them in their original language context.
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 24 May 2007 20:56
Yes thats the set you want, it has an English soundtrack and the covers of the DVD's have English and French revarsable covers

R

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!