Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Non-Hergé Short Story: "Tintin et les Gorilles de la Vedette"...?

Vlipvlop
#1 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 16:19
Does anyone know any info on this story by Bob de Moor? I think its "Gorillas of the High-Speed Motorboat" in English.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 16:27
It was a tribute to Hergé, published in Super Tintin magazine in 1985.

By the way, "vedette" can also mean a celebrity or star. Probably more likely :p
jock123
#3 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 13:21
"Celebrity Gorillas"? "Gorillas of the Rich and Famous"? They are on Channel 4, or cable, right?
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 13:57
Channel 5 actually...:)

I was going to mention that "Gorilles" can also mean "bodyguards" (so Bodyguards to the Stars) but I'm coming round to The Gorillas of the High-Speed Motorboat as being a much better title!
jock123
#5 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 17:01
"The Gorillas of the High-Speed Motorboat": two wise-cracking gorillas - one up-tight and prissy, the other laconic and tough - on patrol in the everglades, fighting banana forgers and rogue monkeys, if I'm not mistaken...? Theme music by Mike Post... Definitely on Five, after Xena...
thomas
#6 · Posted: 13 Sep 2004 15:34
Les Gorilles de la Vedette was a tribute by Bob de moor to Hergé, and was done to mark the unveiling of the Tintin statue in the park at Uccle (suburb of Brussels) in 1978.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!