Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q234: What is it (part II)?

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#11 · Posted: 29 May 2007 14:15
Thank you for answering yamilah, and as you already quessed, I have to reject your answer. I can't find any bleaching agent called Persian milk on the pages 28 and 29 in Emerald and the answer is 100% Tintin-related.

The Q is still unanswered.

af Tuhatstjärna :)
labrador road 26
#12 · Posted: 29 May 2007 16:08
I don't really understand what you're looking for but I'll have a try anyway. Could there be some link between persian and perspiration? In the pages you refer to Haddock perspires, and that happens several times in the books. For example in The Black Island Tintin shed some sweat on page 3 when he get caught by the train-personel. The drops of excitment seems almost like a Hergé trademark.
tuhatkauno
#13 · Posted: 29 May 2007 16:26
I'm so happy you answered the Voice of Sweden, I was waiting for your answer. But I have to reject your answer labrador. There is no link between persian and perspiration. The answer I'm after is a shot straight ahead between the eyes. Jock, you don't have to put grease on the hanging rope, I know what I'm doing. Hey come on, Australia, Europe and America! Where's your fighting spirit? he, he

the saunaguy
Ranko
#14 · Posted: 29 May 2007 16:32
I'm with labrador, a bit baffled.

Here is my one word attempt: Paint. (Persian Milk sounds like a paint colour chart description to me.)

I don't think you'll get any more far fetched than that guess, tuhatkauno!

edit
BTW: Is your 3-in-1 missing the page numbering from page 34?
waveofplague
#15 · Posted: 29 May 2007 18:07
I doubt this is it, but is it those white flowers on Castafiore's dress on p.30-31? They look white and....milky. They could, um, be a persian milk. Yeah.

... OK, I really don't know.

It's tough, because you start to box yourself in once you start to look ONLY for white things or liquidy things. I suspect tuhatguano has us all fooled somehow. Hit us with it, guano! :)

(Oh and Ranko, you're right, my 3-in-1 is missing that page number too. Wonder why.)
tuhatkauno
#16 · Posted: 29 May 2007 18:49
Thank you both Ranko and Wave for your answers. Quess what? Right, I have to reject your answers, this is going to break my heart, but I must. I cannot find the proper connection between paint or flowers and Persian milk. You will understand my judgment when you will hear the right answer.

The Q remains unanswered.

sauna bloke :)
toydreamer
#17 · Posted: 29 May 2007 22:03
Well, I'm like a deer with no legs and no eyes.

This is tough... till we know the answer. :)

Must be closing in on 48 hours. ;)
tuhatkauno
#18 · Posted: 29 May 2007 22:21
Must be closing in on 48 hours. ;)

Who knows? Now you have found oil, yoghurt, whitening stuff, sweat, paint and flowers. It is less than 12 hours to go, you have enough time to add some stuff to the list. ;)
tuhatkauno
#19 · Posted: 30 May 2007 09:36
I think you have given up. Have you all answered? Mongolia? Botswana? Germany? Gut! Wunderbar, please sit down and finish your Vorschmack (a delicious Oriental dish for you Balthazar), while I tell the answer.

"All I had to do is to reorganize the letters." You can get Marlinspike out of "Persian milk". Jep, it is an anagramm.

I didn't mislead you and it isn't a trick Q. First "Persian milk" looks and sounds very suspicious to me. Wave thought "Maybe it isn't white and liquiry" She was right about that. Second I warned you not to go too far and asked you to stick into Tintin. Third I gave you the answer (the clue): you could see it inside and outside. And Marlinpsike is WRITTEN on the flag.

You boxed yourself as Plagu noticed. Believe or not, but I really hoped that someone would solve it. The Q wasn't that difficult.

I think, this is it. No points this time, the Q remains unanswered and anyone but I can set the next question. I'll go to sauna, it's my saunaday.

tuhatguano :)
jock123
#20 · Posted: 30 May 2007 12:06
tuhatkauno
The Q wasn't that difficult.
Hmmm…
I think that’s a very personal opinion; it’s clever to be able to make an anagram, I agree, but the real trick is in making a question which hints and teases at the solution, and I think you failed in that respect.
Even the setters of cross-word puzzles, who are known and famed for their ability to set fiendish questions usually offer something in the clue which suggests that the outcome is an anagram.
While you are quite right that it was a soluable puzzle, I don’t think you made it easy. You could perhaps have offered some further anagrams to show the way, e.g. “What place links a Kremlin sip with Persian milk?” - two anagrams of Marlinspike, shown to be linked, and dressed up as a question which gives a theme of liquids - just a quick idea, and I am sure it could be improved, but I think it gives the idea of what I am saying.

Anyway, you certainly foxed the competitors. Onwards to the next question - the floor is open!

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

This topic is closed.