Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q242: International Tintin

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

maxmordon
#1 · Posted: 1 Jun 2007 20:20
OK, an easy one. Which book has the major number of fictional countries and regions mentioned or showed?
alvarolino
#2 · Posted: 1 Jun 2007 21:21
I think it's King Ottokar's Sceptre... Borduria and Syldavia being the fictional countries.

I don't remember if we can see these same countries mentioned in Calculus Affair as well...
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 1 Jun 2007 21:48
A quick guess; The Broken Ear?

From memory there appears to be numerous mentions of the fictitious South American countries and regions.

However, I've got one eye on the TV and the other one watching Vista slowly kill my system, so I could be completely wrong!
Mark Falconer
#4 · Posted: 1 Jun 2007 23:46
In Cigars of the Pharaoh you have Abudin (the city that Tintin is drafted into), the Djelababis (who they are at war against) and Gaipajama - not to mention Kih-Oskh and a reference of Marlinspike.
Also Sethru, where the mental hospital is, and Jamjah, where Tintin is recaptured (seen on the train when Tintin sends the Thompsons on a wild goose chase - see through jam jar).
I'm not sure if cities count like that, as all you mentioned was countries and regions...
tintinspartan
#5 · Posted: 2 Jun 2007 00:06
However, I've got one eye on the TV and the other one watching Vista slowly kill my system, so \

Well, i owned a Vista as well but it's on my labtop. The system's a-ok with me.
maxmordon
#6 · Posted: 2 Jun 2007 00:28
Mark; that is not what I am looking for (cities could be in any nation, real or fictional)
But wasn't Kih-Oskh the fictional pharaoh?
But you are on something...
Mark Falconer
#7 · Posted: 2 Jun 2007 00:46
No, Rameses II was the Pharaoh; he's real enough -- Kih-Oskh was the place where the tomb was, which is fictional.
maxmordon
#8 · Posted: 2 Jun 2007 00:57
I think Sophocles Sarcophagus is off to Kih-Oskh's tomb to explore it.
Rameses II is the person who Sarcophagus thinks he is, while mad, and Port Said is a real place in Egypt
Anyway, you are in something. But still, not what I am looking for
Mark Falconer
#9 · Posted: 2 Jun 2007 01:48
Ah, I see that you are right (p.3 of Cigars)...
maxmordon
#10 · Posted: 2 Jun 2007 16:47
Well, let me give you a clue. In the book we only see two of three fictional countries/regions and we never heard of them again in the book series

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.