Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q242: International Tintin

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tuhatkauno
#11 · Posted: 3 Jun 2007 05:56
Good morning maximus mordonius

You asked in which book...? Sceptre, Affair, Ear and Cigars are now mentioned. So any of these is not the right answer, am I correct?
maxmordon
#12 · Posted: 3 Jun 2007 06:17
Youa are correct. None of them is the answer
tuhatkauno
#13 · Posted: 3 Jun 2007 06:36
Ok I try this

It is Lotus

because there is one republic which doesn't appear anywhere else and it is Republic of Pilchardania on page 33. It's president opens the national dog show. I hate to answer like this but I'm in big hurry. You asked the album; it is The Blue Lotus.

Edit. This Gaipajama is already mentioned in Mark's answer
maxmordon
#14 · Posted: 3 Jun 2007 07:57
Yes, it's Lotus

Gaipajama was in Mark's answer, that's why I mentioned he was on something.

Gaipajama: Page 1, square 1

Pilchardanian Republic: Page 33, Square 7

Poldavia: Page 55, Square 4

Your turn (Gee, I though this would be an easy question)
tuhatkauno
#15 · Posted: 3 Jun 2007 08:59
It wasn't very easy or very tough, something between them. Lotus wasn't the first in mind. Thanks to others' wrong answers, I found the right one. Normally I am the first who gives the wrong answer. Busypants, that's what I am. But I would like to be a busykilt :)

I missed Poldavia. I read Finnish editions and the names and texts in posters and newspapers differ quite a lot from English editions. This makes remembering and searching bit harder. Poldavia is in "Sininen Lootus", but Pilchardanian Republic is not, it is Poldomoldaque and Gaipajama is Rawhajpoutalah in Finnish edition.
maxmordon
#16 · Posted: 3 Jun 2007 16:45
I don't have the English version, only Spanish ones and in the Spanish version the names are: Poldomoldaque Republic, Rawhajpoutalah and Poldavia. So I also had to investigate before making the question

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

This topic is closed.