Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q245: Twice pictured

Balthazar
#1 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 14:51
Which Tintin book character is portrayed in drawn (non-photographic) pictures on two seperate occasions within the adventures, and where do these drawn portraits occur? (Naming the two books and identifying the scenes will do.)

(Obviously, for us readers, all the characters are portrayed in drawn pictures by Hergé, but I mean a character who's portrayed in this way within the context of the "real world" of the Tintin books. And I mean within the adventures, not within the blue portrait-gallery endpapers. And the pictures I'm after are definitely not photographs, so newspaper pictures or wanted posters don't count.)

You must give both instances along with the name of the character to get the point. I think it's quite easy, anyway!
alvarolino
#2 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 15:17
Alcazar
- Broken Ear, pg 42
- Red Sea Sharks, pg 3
Balthazar
#3 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 15:50
That's it, Alvarolino - speedy work!

Alcazar is also portrayed pictorially in The Seven Crystal Balls, in the Ramon Zarate poster in his dressing room. (This poster portrait could be a photo, though, so I couldn't see a way to work it into the question without opening up the question to include photos, which might have given us more than one possible right answer.)

Anyway, a point to you Alvarolino, and over to you for the next question.

This topic is closed.