Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Dark and disturbing scene in the Tintin albums?

Page  Page 3 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 

Tintinrulz
#21 · Posted: 26 May 2007 16:11
Wolf's self-sacrifice was a big one. Also Jorgen getting killed in the brawl with Wolff. But the absolute most disturbing one is the Rascapac Corpse throwing the crystal ball into the room. It looks so evil and at that point you aren't sure whether it's a dream or not!
The eriee atmosphere preceding it helps.
miloumuttmitt
#22 · Posted: 28 May 2007 01:53
Tintin spanking Snowy in The Black Island. Also not the Tintin I know.
CalculusAffair
#23 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 17:40
^Tintin disciplining Snowy when he gets drunk is a running gag almost.

I agree with all of the above here. Tintin tied down to the train tracks by Bobby Smiles in "America" always bothered me. Also, when the delerious Haddock tries to pop Tintin's head off like a champagne cork. Scary stuff. Also, whenever the Rajah(sp?) juice comes out, especially with the fakir in "Cigars."
toydreamer
#24 · Posted: 4 Jun 2007 23:07
I don't like it when Müller says "I should have bashed his brains out with my rifle butt" in The Land of Black Gold. He's referring to Tintin, who is left unconscious amongst the rocks as Müller goes to check out the jeep driving past.

The mummy scene takes the bacon, though.
The Blue Lotus
#25 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 04:11
I would say the scene in which Müller tries to shoot himself in the head, because we actually see him pull the trigger. Infact there's a number of suicides:

Müller (Attempted) (Land of Black Gold)
Mitsuhirato
Wolff
Haddock (Attempted) (Tintin in Tibet)

Any others?
harishankar
#26 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 16:27
To me I think the wierdest scene was the dream sequence of Captain Haddock in Tintin in Tibet while trekking... not disturbing, but plain weird because it was amazing how Hergé mixed up the Captain's thoughts in it.
Donaya Haymond
#27 · Posted: 12 Jun 2007 16:48
The scariest thing for me was Haddock hallucinating that Tintin was a champagne bottle. I also don't like Mr. Wang's son in The Blue Lotus when he's mad and wanting to chop everyone's heads off.
miloumuttmitt
#28 · Posted: 12 Jun 2007 17:11
Tintin disciplining Snowy when he gets drunk is a running gag almost.

However, not flagrant abuse as in The Black Island.
dimensional_dan
#29 · Posted: 13 Jun 2007 16:24
alvarolino:
The poverty-stricken family scenes at a slum in Picaros is rather disturbing for me...

I was going to post this, good call..
Donaya Haymond
#30 · Posted: 13 Jun 2007 20:16
Most alarming Tintin quotes when taken out of context:

1. "Sorry, old man, but you know how a sailor has a passion for knots." - Captain Haddock in "Flight 714"

2. "They're trying to stop us with that ramshackle erection!" - Tintin in "The Calculus Affair"

I never noticed them before, but they're making me laugh like crazy now. Hooray for accidental double entendres!

--
Related thread: "Funny Tintin quotes".

Page  Page 3 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!