Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Anybody inspired by Tintin?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

flipper78
#1 · Posted: 14 Mar 2006 08:00
Just wondering if anybody was inspired by Tintin. My friend and I became journalist because of Tintin comic books :)
Danagasta
#2 · Posted: 14 Mar 2006 13:11
Me too! As a matter of fact, I became a radio journalist and production person because of Tintin.
thmthm
#3 · Posted: 16 Mar 2006 02:26
My dream is to be a photojournalist - but I guess I'm more inspired by Herge cause Im a concept artist/ illustrator.
SingingGandalf
#4 · Posted: 17 Mar 2006 16:53
Tintin seeing the Yeti made me interested in cryptozoology. I have heard other people say the same thing, as well as about aliens due to 'Flight 714'.
flipper78
#5 · Posted: 19 Mar 2006 18:43
i am working as a journalist because i read too many tintin comic books :)
Starlight
#6 · Posted: 17 Nov 2006 13:02
Tintin inspired me when I was around 7 or 8 to become a journalist, and that's still my ambition!
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 17 Nov 2006 13:19
Not career-wise, but Herge's Tintin adventures inspired me to look into everything from cryptology (not too seriously) and world cultures, history - you name it. They are quite an educational series.
I also was inspired to draw (cartoon style) largely because of Herge's works.
maxmordon
#8 · Posted: 6 Jun 2007 17:51
I read a fasinating analysis about the Syldavian language and saw that wasn't as hard as I though inveting a language based on other languages(unlike Klingon) so this inspired to trying to create one for the fictional Mediterranean nation in a novel I am working using French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese

Also I think I am a little influenced in the use of fictional countries
tintinspartan
#9 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 16:11
I'm totally influenced by Tintin. I must say that I dress up like Tintin just recently. I wore plusfours and I do stickout like the moon at night. I must confess, my dad called me a clown, while my teacher called me cute. I love my teacher.

I have used some of Tintin's detecting skills in normal life to judge things here and there. I became activly involved in Journalism and Photography and I had published a few articles at my local forum.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 7 Jun 2007 17:47
Danagasta
I became a radio journalist and production person because of Tintin.
Off-topic tangent: pardon if you have mentioned this before, but is your radio station available on the net as a stream?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!