Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin.com - no access for weeks?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 16:20
Hello other tintinologists! has anyone else been having trouble accessing Tintin.com lately? I have not been able to get there for weeks.
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 20:28
Works fine here!

R
marsbar
#3 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 20:41
Ditto jockosjungle: I've no trouble accessing the site.
Balthazar
#4 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 22:30
I can't access the Tintin.com site properly because I'm using a rather dated internet browser programme which isn't compatible with the Micromedia Flash-player programme that I need to install to make fancy sites like Tintin.com work properly. Basically, I probably need to upgrade the operating system I'm running my Mac on, then upgrade to a more modern browser, then download Flash from Micromedia's site. I expect it'll all be easy enough when I've got a spare hour or twelve.

So maybe it's a similar problem with your operating system and/or internet browser, cigars of the bleeper. Just a thought.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 23:15
I've not had any problem myself, but I have noticed that clicking on the on-line store the other day I was continually taken to the French version, not the English one; perhaps they are doing an update or something?
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 17 Jun 2007 16:09
Thanks, everyone, but here I am Three months later,and it still does not work. About one month ago I managed to access it, but now it does not work once again!
jock123
#7 · Posted: 17 Jun 2007 16:37
cigars of the beeper
here I am Three months later,and it still does not work.
Nope, it still works fine for me, so it would appear that the trouble is at your end rather than theirs - I think you might want to clear the cache of your browser, or try loading another alternate browser on your system. Also check if you have a fire-wall (hard-ware or soft-ware) that it isn’t blocking the site.
cigars of the beeper
#8 · Posted: 17 Jun 2007 20:25
Well, clearing the cache does not work. Maybe it is the fault of Mozilla Firefox (My browser) However, I did not have such trouble before three months ago.
jock123
#9 · Posted: 18 Jun 2007 22:58
cigars of the beeper
However, I did not have such trouble before three months ago.
That is entirely possible - perhaps something has changed on the site, or they are using different software which doesn’t agree with your system; but it still remains that the problem seems to be unique to you, and no one else is having a problem accessing the site, so it is difficult if not impossible to know exactly how you want this thread to progress.
Have you tried an alternate browser yet?
cigars of the beeper
#10 · Posted: 18 Jun 2007 23:19
I have not tried an alternate browser, because I am told that programs such as Internet Explorer are not entirely secure, and FireFox is. I will ask another question: Does anyone else use FireFox, and can you access Tintin.com?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!