Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

WWE

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 08:30
Does anybody here like WWE Wrestling i am a huge fan and just wondered if anybody here was?.
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 29 Nov 2006 13:08
I don't know anything about wrestling, but if you're a fan of both Tintin and wrestling, you should check out Charles Burns' El Borbah comics, if you don't already have them. They were first compiled in book form in the early 90s (I think) into a book called Hard-Boiled Defective Stories but have more recently been compiled into a very stylish hardcover volume simply called El Borbah. (Same stories in both volumes.) They're sort of Tintin crossed with gritty and seedy noiresque American pulp detective fiction, with a masked Mexican wrestler private-eye as the central character. Very funny, and beautifully drawn, with several slightly twisted references to Tintin books (hooded cults in underground HQs, etc). For adults, I should add!

Charles Burns' Big Baby stories are even more laden with lovingly-observed-but-twisted Tintin references and parodies (though less wrestling!)

Skin Deep, a compilation of three stories in a similar vein to those mentioned above, is also very good.

But maybe you already know this work. For any members who don't, I'd highly recommend it. Burns' more recent work Black Hole is more serious and heavyweight and teenage-angst-ridden, and has thus been highly critically acclaimed. It's good, but in my opinion, it's nothing like as witty or fun as his earlier work.
tintinspartan
#3 · Posted: 26 Jun 2007 14:20
I'm posting this to inform all Wrestling fans of Tintinologist.org that Chris Benoit was murdered, along with his family at his home in Hampton, Georgia. All WWE fans will remember him as a great WWE Legend.

May he be laid in peace: Chris Benoit 1967-2007
harishankar
#4 · Posted: 26 Jun 2007 18:01
I'm not as big a fan of the WWE as I used to be some years ago, but I still follow it on and off.

Chris Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers, because he went about his job without making a fuss or noise about how great he was. He was one of the few who could actually wrestle technically in the business.

Sad, really sad news.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 26 Jun 2007 18:50
Chris Benoit is gone but the legend lives on chris benoit was one of thee greatest wrestlers in the industry i was shocked when i heard this guy that i have watched for the last ten years on wwe and wcw and ecw a few memorable moments in Benoits histroy
Him winning the world heavyweight championship at wrestlemania 20 at madison square gardens and all so when he won the tag team championships with Kurt Angle.Whatever happened in his last days i will remeber him for what he was good at this is realy sad news for me.
R.I.P CHRIS BENOIT
tintinspartan
#6 · Posted: 27 Jun 2007 11:32
In 1999, the first, then WWF match I witnessed in my life was Chris Benoit vs someone else. I remembered seeing him helping Hulk Hogan win. That's great of him. Not in tabloids and has a clean record of moves. He's the greatest.
number1fan
#7 · Posted: 27 Jun 2007 16:00
(In 1999, the first, then WWF match I witnessed in my life was Chris Benoit)
This was in WCW Benoit didnt join wwf till jan 31st 2000

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!