Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Land of the Soviets: Will a colour edition be released? [Locked]

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

SmartTintin
#1 · Posted: 18 Aug 2007 13:00
This thread is now locked because the release of the colour edition in 2017 renders it moot. See this new thread for more on that! - The Tintinologist Team

Is there a possibility of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets being published in colour in the regular 62 page format?

Any ideas?
Borschtisov
#2 · Posted: 18 Aug 2007 14:37
No, it decidedly won't be being published in color with the regular amount of pages; because Hergé never redrew or reformatted it, and Moulinsart themselves wouldn't edit the work or allow anyone else to.

So I'm afraid we're all stuck with the b&w version for good.

However there is a pirate (illegal) version of the book, where someone has colored the original frames and edited them into a 62-page format. I have a copy myself. I wouldn't be allowed to say where you could obtain it though.
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 19 Aug 2007 23:13
In September, Little, Brown and Co. Publishers are coming out with what appears to be a color, paperback edition of Land of the Soviets. I have pre-ordered this edition, and I will give you more information about this as soon as I receive it.

I will try to find more information for everyone.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 17:26
The Little Brown paperback books were mentioned by Ed a little while back. The chances of Soviets being in colour is certainly nil, I'm afraid. Put it down to poorly written advertising copy.
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 21:11
here is the data I could find on the upcoming Soviets in color:
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers
Publish date: Sep 2007
ISBN-13: 9780316003742
ISBN-10: 0316003743
Format: Paperback , 144 pages (from Walmart.com)

here is the publisher's description from Amazon.com:

Little, Brown is celebrating 100 years of Hergé with 3 titles never before published in the U.S. Join traveling reporter Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy, along with well-known friends such as Captain Haddock, as they embark on extraordinary adventures spanning historical and political events, fantasy and science-fiction adventures and thrilling mysteries. These full-color graphic novels broke new ground when they were first released and became the inspiration for countless modern-day comic artists.

Note how it says "Full color graphic novels". it would appear that the three new editions are: soviets, Congo, and alph-art, every one being in color, it would seem. as soon as I get it I will try to post pictures, etc. However, I have this little nagging fear that it might just be a re-print of the original soviets, which I already have.
SmartTintin
#6 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 21:54
cigars of the beeper:

It says 144 pages, so this has to be a reprint in colour of the original 'Land of the Soviets'.

Even if 'Land of the Soviets' was not redrawn by Hergé, there is a high possibility of having it edited in the regular 62 page format in the near future. Since there cannot be any new adventures [at least till Fanny is holding his legacy], this is a good way to bring in the novelty factor.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 22:05
I think the phrase "full-colour graphic novels" actually refers to the full series, not specifically these three books. This print is a paperback version of the black and white edition, recently reprinted by Methuen & Egmont.

SmartTintin
Even if 'Land of the Soviets' was not redrawn by Hergé, there is a high possibility of having it edited in the regular 62 page format in the near future. Since there cannot be any new adventures [at least till Fanny is holding his legacy], this is a good way to bring in the novelty factor.

I can't imagine the Studios Hergé would even consider producing a coloured version, since it was never designed as such, and Hergé himself chose not to redraw it or even keep it in print; he only reintroduced it in an effort to combat the counterfeit editions.
cigars of the beeper
#8 · Posted: 21 Aug 2007 00:03
well, all I can say is, I will let you know when my copy arrives in the mail.
sponsz
#9 · Posted: 22 Aug 2007 09:46
Yes Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and "Tintin and Alph-Art" are full color.
Harrock n roll
#10 · Posted: 22 Aug 2007 10:46
sponsz
Yes Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and "Tintin and Alph-Art" are full color.

Really? Have you some more info on this sponz?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

This topic is closed.