Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Lake of Sharks: General discussion

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Mirirocks67
#31 · Posted: 14 Aug 2007 22:31
I have seen it, but I don't remember it well.Tell me, please, is there a scene in the movie that is not like Hergé's style?
nosl
#32 · Posted: 30 Aug 2007 03:14
If the film was not created by Hergé, could the animation & story line not be tweaked or even redone?

Thoughts?
jock123
#33 · Posted: 30 Aug 2007 11:41
Mirirocks67
is there a scene in the movie that is not like Hergé's style?
Not as such, but the over-all story may lack some of the books' finesse.
Also it isn't 100% in the clear line style, as the backgrounds (by Bob de Moor) are in a more rendered naturalistic style; that's not unique to this film though - even the Nelvana series wasn't averse to doing this.
nosl
If the film was not created by Hergé, could the animation & story line not be tweaked or even redone?
It's possible, I suppose, but the original story was approved by Hergé, which gives it some authority.
The biggest question would probably be, why bother? Even speaking as someone who liked it, I think there are better candidates along the way.
Tintinrulz
#34 · Posted: 30 Aug 2007 13:20
The story is rubbish and so are the character drawings but the backgrounds are accomplished and very well done.
jock123
#35 · Posted: 30 Aug 2007 19:33
Tintinrulz
The story is rubbish and so are the character drawings
Well, each to their own, but I think that it's a bit harsh to say that the character drawings are "rubbish" - they aren't that bad, and are as good if not better than the ones in the Prisoners movie; they are just slightly simplified, presumably for the purposes of hand-drawn animation.
And yes, the backgrounds are very accomplished, if not exactly Hergéian; they are quite like the style of the sketches Bob did for the re-working of Black Island, and his draughtsmanship is very good.
sliat_1981
#36 · Posted: 31 Aug 2007 07:37
Rastapopoulos seems a bit mellowed down this time. In Flight 714 he was going to kill Krospell after he got the account number. In here, he had every intention of letting the children go if Tintin had gave him the real machine. His nose is enormous though. He must have something wrong with it.
tintinagalog
#37 · Posted: 30 Nov 2007 04:49
I watched this 1972 movie repeatedly, and I can see nothing ill in the plot. It's exciting and heart-stopping for me. Even the Rastapopoulos' machine in his hide-out is...well, funny yet impressive. And the night view outside their chalet along the cursed lake is quite fantastic (except for that silly nocturnal bat though)! I hope I can find that same serene, romantic place someday.

What disgust me are the captain and the professor's voices (seems they didn't justify the kind of personalities, unlike with the same characters in the 90's series), and the wide eyed Syldavians. They look cute with dots, a manner producers should have done, but didn't.

Between the highest 1 and the lowest 10, I rate it 4.
Rianna Lauren
#38 · Posted: 7 Jul 2010 03:30
I finally found a way to watch Lake of Sharks (things are so hard to find in Indonesia -.-). The plot was okay - not too boring, a little bit predictable, but it was quite good nonetheless. The art was fine, but like some others mentioned the eyes would've been better if they were smaller. The voice actors (excluding Haddock's - I'm sorry I really don't like his voice actor) were doing alright. So overall, it's not so bad, but it's not too good either. But it was a good try. A good attempt of getting close to the original. 7/10. :)
mct16
#39 · Posted: 29 Oct 2012 00:24
The English-language version of "Tintin and the Lake of Sharks" can be viewed online at Tintin.com, where it is animated feature of the month (or at least it is at the time of posting).

After the opening credits, when Tintin's plane is coming in to land, there is a scene in the airport lounge. Among the passengers is Carreidas of "Flight 714" having a nap.

No sign of Skut as far as I can make out. Can anyone spot any other such cameos in this film?
blisteringbarnacle
#40 · Posted: 5 Nov 2012 03:06
It's decent, but nothing to write home about.
The opening in the Aquarium really irks me, with the pearl being stolen. We never hear anything about that pearl again.
Also that donkey song that Nikko (sp?) sings is unbearable, and by the third "verse" you figure out they're looping the footage especially with Noucka's (sp?) bashful face.
Other than that it's a decent movie.
The ending though is the only thing that made me laugh, when the Bordurian border guard calls his brother to ask how much a submarine is worth for scrap.

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!