Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Tintin more mature in the series?

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 27 Jun 2007 15:46
I was watching my DVD collection of Ellipse-Nelvana's Tintin TV series and realised one thing. Tintin is looks more matured in terms of his body shape, speed, clothing, charm, age etc...

I wonder you noticed this but I just compared them and I believe that Tintin's more matured in the TV series than in the comics. Well, Tintin tucked in his sweater in the TV series, while we has his sweater tucked out in the comics. Do you noticed it as well?
pokemon
#2 · Posted: 9 Jul 2007 10:07
forget this stuff about maturity. i hate nelvana-ellipse productions. most of the scenes and events have been either cut or modified. they seem to have spun their own yarns.

the folowing are the examples:

in crab there is just one henchman of allan who tails tintin and archie in the sea plane wheareas there are two in the book.

tintin is hit by the henchman with a bottle on the plane when in the book it is archie who hits tintin
harishankar
#3 · Posted: 9 Jul 2007 10:25
I am also irritated by the "artistic" freedom taken by the producers of the series. After all, they are telling Herge's stories, not their own, so they should stick 100% to the original or keep off Tintin.

I agree that some plots are quite complicated and don't fit into the time slot exactly, but even then when they have time for the credit sequences and the "recaps", they should have had time for relating the correct story. Otherwise people seeing the series for the first time and not acquainted with the albums would get a somewhat false picture of the quality of the story.

As for his maturity, I don't really see too much difference. Obviously the older albums portray a less developed Tintin, but the series have stuck (rightly) to the fully developed Tintin seen in later albums.
pokemon
#4 · Posted: 11 Jul 2007 16:16
THERE WAS A MOVIE WHICH WAS ACUALLLY THE CRYSTAL-BALLS SERIES. HERE TINTIN & THE CAST WERE TOTALLY UNDEVELOPED
SakuraT5
#5 · Posted: 1 Sep 2007 04:56
Although many people criticize the Ellipse-Nelvana series, but I really like this particular version of Tintin since Tintin's charaterisation is complete and more powerful and less predictable as compared to Herge's version in which at times I used to feel that Tintin is such a ninny always following the Captain like a bear tugged by the nose. I feel that if Stephanie Bernasconi(the director of the series)would have created Tintin, her characterisation of Tintin would have been much more perfect than Herge. But when it comes to 'Tintin and the Picaros' Herge's version is far far better than the Ellipse-Nelvana version which I found very incomplete.
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 1 Sep 2007 10:28
Pokemon, see the Belevision tv adaption of Tintin before lamblasting the more recent adaption. Sure there are some flaws with the Nelvana series but overall they are pretty faithful and well-done.
I didn't like the censoring of Haddock's alcoholism and some of the violence though - that was just silly.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!