Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: Poster showing all the Tintin characters?

jamie
#1 · Posted: 27 Jul 2004 01:44
Hi -- I'm new to this forum!
I work in Southern California, and today a co-worker of mine told me about going to Comic-Con in San Diego over the weekend. While she was there she saw a fairly large Tintin poster, which she was told was an original design by Hergé, done in 1963, showing Tintin and a group of people moving toward the viewer.
My co-worker couldn't remember the name of the company selling the poster, or any other information.
I tried a few sites, Googling "Tintin poster", but only came up with the usual book covers and exhibition ones: nothing that matched this general description.
Is there anyone out there who has heard of this poster?
It sounded expensive too, but I'd love to at least see what it looks like.
Many thanks

(P.S. And I'm very happy to have found this website!)
Jyrki21
#2 · Posted: 27 Jul 2004 05:43
Is it the one with essentially every recognizable character from the books, ever? If so, I have a miniature of it which was included in a GEO magazine (a French publication similar to National Geographic) which I bought in Switzerland in 2000...
jamie
#3 · Posted: 27 Jul 2004 18:10
Hi, and thanks for your reply.
My co-worker told me she thought it was all the characters, but she's not quite the fan I am, so she couldn't swear by it!
I'm still trying to track down the exhibitors at Comic-Con, so maybe I'll be able to narrow things down a bit more.
Thanks again for your advice - this is a great site!
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 27 Jul 2004 19:47
This poster is also available in the Geo book about Tintin; 'Tintin grand voyageur du siecle', as a 1 and a half metre fold-out poster ! The book's available from Amazon.fr.
jamie
#5 · Posted: 27 Jul 2004 23:40
Thanks very much! I won't rest till I see this poster!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!