Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Accommodation in Brussels?

franceslikestintin
#1 · Posted: 23 Oct 2007 23:48
I'm thinking of heading to brussels next month. Does anyone know of a good place to stay. I'm on a budget, but I still want something nice!
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 24 Oct 2007 10:58
When I was in Brussels for the celebration in May I stayed at the Ibis Brussels Erasmus hotel which was one of the cheapest hotels I could find at that time.
The hotel was quite ok and had a feature which both I and my friend valued highly.
The breakfast buffet had very much to offer and we could eat as much as we wanted, and spend the money on Tintin merchandise instead. The hotel is about 20 minutes subway ride from the city center.
When I go to Brussels again, which I have to, I will probably stay at the same hotel, it suited me fine.

Hope that was some help.

Be sure to have tons of cash, there are plenty of lovely stores including the Tintin Shop of course. I also recommmend that you study maps before hand, especially the tram system which is confusing but very helpful when you work it out.

We had about 5 maps just to get around:

1. A map for every Tintin/comics related must see thing.
2. A subway map.
3. A street map (used most).
4. A tram (and bus) map.
5. Another map for the celebration connected things.
6. A list of comics stores and their addresses.

If you go to the real Rue du Labrador/ Labrador Straat make sure you take the tram, instead of the subway, that makes for a long, long walk. A visit to Hergé's grave takes about 30 minutes from the city center.

We placed a modified Milou/ Snowy at the grave on May 22. [Broken photo link removed]

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!