Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Jules Verne

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Dupondt
#21 · Posted: 26 Sep 2007 21:31
I'm half French and the city closest to where my mum was born is Nantes, birthplace of Jules Verne; I'm a great fan of FC Nantes, and one of their stands is named after him!
cigars of the beeper
#22 · Posted: 26 Oct 2007 18:37
I just read Jules Verne's book: "Robur the Conqueror".
Highly recommended.
zaveri_tintin
#23 · Posted: 29 Oct 2007 14:45
So you are all talking about Jules Verne eh? Well this is a coincidence - I do not like him and his works, and believe it or not, Tintin is responsible for that!
Four years ago, I went with my father and brothers to a book-fair, where I spotted 3-in-1 Tintin books and I insisted my father buy at least one book, even though it was expensive.
Instead he bought me a copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, by Jules Verne so I returned home disheartened.
I tried to read the book but there was nothing in it that interested me.
cigars of the beeper
#24 · Posted: 29 Oct 2007 18:02
zaveri_tintin

You should not dislike Jules Verne just because your father would not buy you Tintin books and bought you a book by Verne instead. After all, if your father was the one spending money, he had a right to say what was bought. You should try reading 20,000 Leagues again sometime. You probably even have the Tintins that your father wouldn't buy you by now anyway.
zaveri_tintin
#25 · Posted: 30 Oct 2007 10:19
cigars of the beeper
You probably even have the Tintins that your father wouldn't buy you by now anyway.

Say that again. I read all my tintins from my school library. Well my younger brother has read 20,000 Leagues and he liked it. I will try reading it again, but i do not have the book right now.

Anyway has 20,000 Leagues got any connection with Red Rackham's treasure?
cigars of the beeper
#26 · Posted: 30 Oct 2007 19:39
zaveri_tintin
has 20,000 Leagues got any connection with Red Rackham's treasure?

None that I know of. If you want to see a book by Verne that (apparently) inspired Herge, read "the Mysterious Island." (See my list of similarities on the last page).
Sorry I just assumed that you had all of the Tintin books.
cigars of the beeper
#27 · Posted: 3 Nov 2007 22:01
I just found this article. I don't know how much of it is true, though. It claims that Herge based Tintin, Captain Haddock and Snowy on characters from "the Mysterious Island". Having read the book, I can see what they mean. In the book there is a sailor, a dog, and a teenager. (Other characters, too.) Well, anyway, everyone can just see for themselves.

URL
zaveri_tintin
#28 · Posted: 4 Nov 2007 11:05
cigars of the beeper

The news is shocking indeed! Only if its true!
cigars of the beeper
#29 · Posted: 4 Nov 2007 17:46
zaveri_tintin

I don't know if I want to believe it. It is almost heresy for someone to claim that Herge was not drawing or even writing Tintin!
zaveri_tintin
#30 · Posted: 13 Dec 2007 08:30
cigars of the beeper
I just found this article. I don't know how much of it is true, though. It claims that Herge based Tintin, Captain Haddock and Snowy on characters from "the Mysterious Island". Having read the book, I can see what they mean. In the book there is a sailor, a dog, and a teenager. (Other characters, too.) Well, anyway, everyone can just see for themselves.

Billions of blue billious blistering barnacles. THat cannot be true. It is just a rumor, just a rumor. Whoever made that article is a complete Jules Verne fan and hates tintin like anything, and he/she acted quite cunningly by making this article where he can praise jules verne and condemn tintin at the same time. Why tommorrow, people can also make articles telling that Jules Vernes stole his novels from the tintin adventures.

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!