Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Pokemon shows: major error

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

zaveri_tintin
#1 · Posted: 29 Oct 2007 14:52
How many of you watched the pokemon show on october 29th? There is a small session called the THE TRAINER'S CHOICE. In that i was shocked to find out that Arbok evolves into Seviper. But in pokemoncrater such a thing does not happen. Evolution line of arbok is:

Ekans --> Arbok

and not

Ekans --> Arbok --> Seviper
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 29 Oct 2007 18:03
What's with all this stuff about pokemon lately?
zaveri_tintin
#3 · Posted: 30 Oct 2007 08:54
cigars of the beeper

Well this pokemon is a game, invoving creatures generally based on all the animals and other living beings of nature.

The word pokemon is a japanese word meaning "pocket-monsters".

Sign-up at pokemoncrater.com and you will get hooked to it!
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 30 Oct 2007 10:49
No, I'm pretty sure they know what it is, it's just that Pokemon is childish and not popular at the moment.
If I have to have any of that I prefer Digimon - more complex, better animation, characters, story, humour, more dark - everything about it is so much better.
Mirirocks67
#5 · Posted: 30 Oct 2007 18:55
^True,I also prefer Digimon that Pokemon,by the reasons stayed above.
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 31 Oct 2007 19:38
You know, I thought that pokemon had been dead since 1998.
Austin
#7 · Posted: 31 Oct 2007 23:48
Surely this should be posted on a Pokemon forum? Tintin is a fantastic comic which appeals to people of all ages with its subtlety and humour. Pokemon is for babies
tintinspartan
#8 · Posted: 1 Nov 2007 14:24
Pokemon is meant for 7 year olds, Digimon quite appeals to people my age but no longer popular in Singapore, Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Masters are liked by 10 to 16 year olds. For me, Tintin and Detective Conan suits me.

P.S: Tintinspartan came just to see how the forum is going.
Dupondt
#9 · Posted: 1 Nov 2007 16:35
Austin

Pokemon is not for babies, and if people want to discuss pokemon on this site you should allow them as long as it's kept to it's own thread.
Austin
#10 · Posted: 1 Nov 2007 22:39
Come on be serious. Tintin is a major work of art - honoured by the likes of Andy Warhol and Roy Liechtenstein. Tintin is the subject of numerous critical discussions and an icon of the twentieth century. Pokemon is a poorly animated cartoon designed to cynically sell trading cards to the young and gullible. It shouldn't be mentioned anywhere near a Tintin forum.

Moderator Note: Please leave moderating to the moderators...
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a discussion about pokemon in the Members' Lounge - that's what it's here for: members are allowed to kick off their virtual shoes, let down their virtual hair, and talk about subjects other than Tintin. If you don't like pokemon, rather than rubbishing it for those that do, why not just ignore the thread entirely?
The Pokemon-agnostic Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!