Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite Tintin character

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

OJG
#11 · Posted: 20 Jul 2004 16:54
I kind of like Senor Oliveira da Figueira. He's got a good blend of self-interest and humour, but is a reliable friend of Tintin.

Also General Alcazar. That guy has character! He's not quite as morally perfect as the other good guys, and he has that Latino flair. In the TV series, I think his voice is great, too.
Kih Oskh Gaipajama
#12 · Posted: 25 Jul 2004 06:22
Minor characters really are the spice of Tintin books. Some of them have funny names, others are loveable for the eccentricity and some are just wondeful because they ARE (e.g. E.Cutts the butcher) Here are a few of my favourites:

Senor Olivera Da Figurera (what a salesman! he has some great lines too:"Yes a big rat for a very small trap", "His father, a well known snail farmer...")

The little gypsy girl who bites the captain (Miarka)

And for funny names: Marco Risotto (of the Paris Flash), Kronic and Klumsy...the poet Zloty (which is the polish currency)
Vlipvlop
#13 · Posted: 26 Jul 2004 02:39
Here's my favorite minor characters from each album:

Vlipvlop (Tintin in the Land of the Soviets) Coco (Tintin in the Congo) Big Chief Keen Eyed Mole (Tintin in America) Sheik Patrash Pasha (Cigars of the Pharaoh) Ramacharma (The Blue Lotus) Corporal Diaz (Tintin and the Broken Ear) Ivan (The Black Island) King Muskar XII (King Ottokar's Sceptre) The fat man on page 45 (The Crab with the Golden Claws) Philippulus the Prophet (The Shooting Star) Sir Francis Haddock (The Secret of the Unicorn) Reporter at the End (Red Rackham's Treasure) Mark Falconer (The Seven Crystal Balls) Zorrino (Prisoners of the Sun) Jock McPhee (Land of Black Gold) Doctor (Destination Moon) Radio-Klow (Explorers on the Moon) Professor Topolino (The Calculus Affair) The "Coke" (The Red Sea Sharks) Grand Abbot (Tintin in Tibet) Mike the Gypsie (The Castafiore Emerald) Spalding (Flight 714) Colonel Alvarez (Tintin and the Picaros) never read Tintin and Alph-Art, but I'm hoping to get the new english version soon! ...
Jyrki21
#14 · Posted: 26 Jul 2004 14:22
I think it's too bad that Decimus Phostle of The Shooting Star never made a comeback, although I suppose the introduction of Calculus made him unnecessary.

I know he was at one point supposed to have become a villain in Destination Moon, but that snuffed out plotline (wanting to buy a diamond for Rita Hayworth?!?) would have been a real anomaly in the series.
finlay
#15 · Posted: 29 Jul 2004 15:51
Arturo Benedetto Giovanni Guiseppe Pietro Archangelo Alfredo Cartoffoli da Milano.

Loved that scene
miloumuttmitt
#16 · Posted: 31 Jul 2004 22:47
Personally, I like Christopher Willoughby-Drupe (he's handsome).
rastaallan
#17 · Posted: 3 Sep 2004 02:48
Although for me Haddock is the best, he is the most human, I also think Rastapopoulos is genius: a villain of villains through the series!
I love the way he is developed and interwoven through the books.
OJG
#18 · Posted: 3 Sep 2004 13:03
Me too, though I think that Rastapopoulos lost a little bit of credability in Flight 714.
Karaboudjan
#19 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 15:17
You should have a good idea who my favourite is now; I champion his cause in every post I write...

Who else could come out with such fabulous curses? (And sound good?)

Could be because he looks and acts just like my grandad.

Whatever the reason, Archie is tops.
Ranko
#20 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 18:10
Archie Haddock of course.

You're right Karaboudjan, the curses are brilliant. Apart from the usual "Bashi-Bazouk" and "Pockmark" he says things like: "Toffee-noses" and "Tribe of Polynesians" who else curses like that?

My all time fav Haddock moment is when he tries to cure Calculus of his amnesia in "Destination Moon" the water pistol, cavalry costume and ghost impression are absolutey priceless.

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!