Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

My Tintin DVD marathon

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 15:54
Tomorrow I'm having my self a Tin tin DVD Marathon where I'm going to watch episodes from Tin tin in America up to The Calculus Affair then The rest on Wednesday does anyone else ever watch Tin tin Episodes all day do you have a set time you watch them? anyone book a week of work to watch them LOL.
cafe_noir
#2 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 18:54
Personally I'd rather spend the time re-reading the books (I'm a newbie so I havent read them all yet anyway). Half the pleasure is in pouring over the detail Hergé included in his drawings -something which isn't possible in the cartoon versions. Also the books leave something to the imagination in that you can picture the sounds, characters' voices and movements yourself.
But good luck with the DVD marathon.
Don't listen to them too loudly - you might end up with tintinus..
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 20 Aug 2007 21:22
Well Number1fan, I do have the complete set, but I think I would fry my brains if I was watching them all day. I find the episodes to be very good. Now that I have seen them all however, I mostly just watch my favorite parts of the episodes.
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 21 Aug 2007 19:29
Had it all planned soemthing came up so it never happen dont you hate when you plan something and it doesnt happen.
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 21 Aug 2007 23:09
well, maybe you can try again soon.
tintinagalog
#6 · Posted: 18 Nov 2007 07:53
I had my first Tintin DVD marathon last semestral break, and spent the whole day watching it, the same hours I spent watching the millennium TV coverage.
number1fan
#7 · Posted: 18 Nov 2007 17:33
Still havent managed it yet.Suposed to have it in August i get 2 weeks of before christmas so who better then to spend christmas with.
tintinagalog
#8 · Posted: 19 Nov 2007 12:44
May I suggest? Before taking up your Tintin DVD marathon, your mind and your eyes should be fit for the almost 24-hour viewing. Drink strong caffeinated beverage, whichever you may prefer, just to keep your senses awake. I did it beforehand, and during the course of watching, I'd checked also their comic book versions. That's when I discovered a lot of alterations made by Ellipse-Nelvana. Some scenes were deleted, some improved. The animated series is far more comprehensible than the wordy book. And I salute Stephane Bernasconi and company for keeping their faith in Hergé's lasting appeal.
cigars of the beeper
#9 · Posted: 19 Nov 2007 20:54
I don't think that I would ever do a DVD marathon, but I have considered doing a book marathon, where I would sit down and read all of the Tintin books.
number1fan
#10 · Posted: 20 Nov 2007 22:24
I have read all the books and i know what is cut.14 hours the tintin episodes total up to i was thinking half one day and half another.with my books i like to savoiur them and read them over the years i have been reading them since i was 3 and i get around to reading each book everyear.Maybe it would take the same time to watch the episodes as it would to read them?.My average tintin book read is about 50 minutes. (i think)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!