Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Broken Ear: Ramon and Alonso's armoured car?

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 14:08
In the Ellipse-Nelvana animated version of The Broken Ear, there is a sequence that makes no sense.
Tintin escapes from Ramon and Alonso's cabin, jumps into the car that Pablo should have given him, and speeds off.

Then, much to this viewer's surprise, Ramon and Alonso happen to have the government armored car that pursued Tintin in the book.
It just makes no sense to me that these two thugs would have a San Theodorian armored car.
I think that this is a case of too much abridging on the part of the studios. I know that they do need to abridge the stories to make them 40 minutes long (if they were going to try to fit the whole story into forty minutes, it would have to be less than a minute per page) but I think that in this case they abridged in the wrong places.

Can anyone think of any reason why two men in a rugged log cabin would have a government car?
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 17:43
I maybe talking nonsense here but they meet Tintin before he is kidnapped by them, and they are in military suits.

Perhaps they had a getaway car, then switched cars, like in The Seven Crystal Balls?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!