Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: General discussion

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

egg
#1 · Posted: 22 Nov 2007 17:45
What do people think of the 1991 TV adaptation of Tintin? How do you feel about the censorship of all the politically incorrect content from the comic for a mainstram children's audience?
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 22 Nov 2007 21:53
I think the TV adaptation of Tintin was very good for the most part, but yes, the PC flavour did ruin it a little (especially Haddock not being an alcoholic).
Even the action was censored to be less dramatic and exciting.
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 23 Nov 2007 16:17
It's all right, but I wish that the stories did not need to be heavily censored and abridged.
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 23 Nov 2007 16:34
I would have prefared them to actualy be half an hour parts instead of insome cases 19 mins an episode.I wonder if the cartoons will ever come out again.Im sure there would have been a few deleted scenes which would be very intresting.
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 02:30
Each episode was 23 mins long.
tintinagalog
#6 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 03:21
Since the expected audience are the youngsters, it is reasonable why Ellipse-Nelvana had to censor the excessive alcoholism of Captain Haddock. I agree, too, with Tintinrulz that the action was censored to be less dramatic and exciting. I myself felt awkwardly same. But it's simply enough to show to us that they---the characters---fought for honor and justice.

Moreover,I have a notion that, in business-sense, there must be a reason why the production staff had to delete, even some significant scenes from the Tintin book. Because if they had all frames animated, no one would ever want to purchase the comic book versions anymore. Just an opinion, however, not accusation, because I was not there when Herge-Moulinsart and Ellipse-Nelvana signed a deal.
number1fan
#7 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 08:56
Cant remeber what episode but one was 19 mins long.
cigars of the beeper
#8 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 16:06
number1fan

There were three 19-minute episodes: Tintin in America, The Shooting star and Red Rackham's Treasure.
number1fan
#9 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 19:26
Tintin in America we have had this discussion before it should have been 2 episodes.Shooting star i think 30 pages are missin from the actual tv show.Haddock doesnt even meet Captain Chester in the tv show.
Tintinrulz
#10 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 23:38
Mate, you really need to learn how to write an understandable sentence. As is, it's very confusing, actually many of your posts are.
Please rectify it.

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!