Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Quick & Flupke: books that you have

Vlipvlop
#1 · Posted: 29 Jul 2004 17:48
Hi, could you all tell me how many Quick & Flupke Books you have? There's 12 in all, I think.

I have:

Jeux Interdits
Vive le Progres

And I'm getting more off of ebay, so soon I'll have them all.

-Vlipvlop
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 30 Jul 2004 02:00
Only 2 of them have been translated into English - Double Trouble and Two of a Kind. I borrowed Double Trouble from my local library and Two of a Kind is very hard to find. Unfortunately I don't own any of them because they are so rare.
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 30 Jul 2004 22:11
on the site of Casterman , the publisher of Tintin in French, you'll find the list of 12 titles,
http://bd.casterman.com/serie/castquic/?r=castherg.

Most of them are from Hergé but some are from Johan De Moor (son of Bob De Moor).
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 21:09
I own "Two of a Kind". I actually found it at a local market for £2.50. I couldn't quite believe it when I found it - I actually saw it at a distance, then sprinted towards it ; finally pretending not to be too interested, in case the seller decided to charge me more !
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 22:00
I own the two English ones, got them recently from a Library sale

Rik
Rocky
#6 · Posted: 26 Aug 2005 10:35
The 12 French titles:
Most of them are from Hergé but some are from Johan De Moor
Which ones are genuine Hergé and which are Johan De Moor? (Or are some a mixture?)
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#7 · Posted: 26 Aug 2005 18:33
Which ones are genuine Hergé and which are Johan De Moor? (Or are some a mixture?)

I always assumed it was only the colouring that was carried out after Hergé's death ... I'll be interested to find out for certain.
Rocky
#8 · Posted: 5 Sep 2005 14:08
Bumped to get chevet's attention!
chevet said:
Most of them are from Hergé but some are from Johan De Moor (son of Bob De Moor).

chevet, which ones?
jock123
#9 · Posted: 5 Sep 2005 19:10
Johan De Moor did two Q&F books, according to this page - Haute Tension and Jeux Interdits; however Lambiek.net suggests he worked on Q&F from 1981 to 1986, so they may be collections of strips published elsewhere (one of the Tintin magazines?), and therefore there may be uncollected strips too).

There is no-one listed for the colouring duties, BTW, and there is no doubt that JDM did the art rather than colouring; however the listing of Hergé as scenarist may mean that they are re-drawn from earlier strips, perhaps those from XXeme Siecle, or that he worked from gags which Hergé had created but never used.

Just to get back on topic, I don’t own any Q&F books, but I must get round to it some day…
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#10 · Posted: 6 Nov 2005 22:26
On the Q&F books, it's very clear as I could check a few days ago. There is only one book, i.e. "Haute Tension " with original stories from Johan De Moor. Johan De Moor is also credited from the stories inside (not on the cover) for this album only. For the other Q & F books from this "new" edition, Johan De Moor and studio Herge did only colouring work and lettering work. Sometimes, there are also some text changes (original was too "Brussels").This work was done with almost all (but not all, for example the "too political" stories were omitted) black and with stories and not only the stories published in color after the war (from "Quick et Flupke premiere(1) serie" to "Quick et Flupke, douzieme (12) serie".
Johan De Moor worked also on the 30'' cartoons, made with old Herge stories and new (JDM) stories.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!