Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Alph-Art: Tintin and Martine

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Marie
#21 · Posted: 29 Nov 2007 08:16
Personally, I have trouble picturing Tintin with a girlfriend. It just doesn't seem to fit in the Tintin universe. And it's not like it's necesary for the plot. I like the fact that it's all about male friendship :). But I don't mind if it happens in fanon. I would love to read fanfics with Tintin in love. Actually, ANY fanfics would be welcome.

Content deleted

Moderator Note: Please do not discuss obtaining pirate material on the forums! It just isn't allowed, and could lead to us being shut down.
The Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#22 · Posted: 29 Nov 2007 09:13
The annoying thing is it's not legal to write fan-fiction.
M is worse than Microsoft in that regards by a long shot.
jock123
#23 · Posted: 29 Nov 2007 11:38
Tintinrulz
The annoying thing is it's not legal to write fan-fiction.
As has been discussed elsewhere at length, it isn't illegal to write fan fiction. It is illegal to publish it. So by all means, beaver away on your own material in your own home; just don't distribute it, give it away, sell it, put it on the internet, photocopy it, and certainly don't post it here!

M is worse than Microsoft in that regards by a long shot.
Well, you just are resorting to hyperbole here: there isn't any difference in how most companies control their rights, be they Moulinsart, Microsoft, Disney, Hannah-Barbera, King Features Syndicate, Conde Nast or whatever.
Moulinsart is just protecting what they are contractually obliged to protect: doing so makes money for the charitable trust which looks after the archive and arranges the exhibits which tour the world, and will one day give us the fans a museum to visit. It isn't fair to paint them as some sort of ogre or villain, just because you don't like the situation.
zaveri_tintin
#24 · Posted: 29 Nov 2007 14:32
Who is Martine? Castafiore?
tintinagalog
#25 · Posted: 30 Nov 2007 03:11
As has been discussed elsewhere at length, it isn't illegal to write fan fiction. It is illegal to publish it. So by all means, beaver away on your own material in your own home; just don't distribute it, give it away, sell it, put it on the internet, photocopy it, and certainly don't post it here!

Pardon me for being carried away last time I posted about my handwritten Tintin tales. Haaaaah... how I wish it had...

Your statement is correct, Jock. Since I discovered Herge's Will, I boxed my novelettes, reading them myself whenever available, then I selected three of them as plots for my own detective-adventure series. It's entitled "Jasper and Company". I must admit, my own series is half-Tintinesque plus half of my instincts, because the main characters are 3 journalists (TV, broadsheet, and photojourn) and an investigator, and one of the trio is following Tintin's footsteps. But then, whatever results will its publishing be three years from now, whether success or failure, I honor my series to the great Georges Remi.

EDIT #1 Posted: 30 Nov 2007 04:10:30

zaveri_tintin asked: Who is Martine? Castafiore?

Martine Vandezande, the gallery assistant, who discusses the death of her former employer, Mr. Fourcart's (Tintin and the Alph-art). In contrast, Madame Castafiore is the Milanese Nightingale famous for her well-applauded performaces of the Gounod's "Faust"

ERRATUM Posted: 30 Nov 2007 04:12:06
"Mr. Fourcart", not "Mr. Fourcart's".
little martine
#26 · Posted: 7 Jan 2010 07:57
Merged two consecutive posts.

Hi! I'm a new member.
Being a teenager and to be a tintin fan I have noticed that at the alph art miss martine kind of ask tintin to meet her parents?
I.. uh, am kind of jealous of her.
haha;

(Please don't take it weird.)

I would not like it if tintin would get married.
First of all I know tintin as a boy like 16or 17.
And then if they get married they would not have time for any adventures.( kids. )
And I love tintin traveling and exploring.
Just as he is.
I perfectly dissagree of making a couple out of them (two).

Moderator Note: Hi, little martine - welcome to the forums. Rather than make two consecutive posts, you can use the edit function for up to 24 hours to add additional stuff to your message.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
arnabzed
#27 · Posted: 11 Mar 2010 19:48
When Tintin and Alph art was written around 1983, Herge was diagnosed with bone cancer. He knew he was not going to survive long.
He wanted to create something different in his final album. He chose abstract art on which he was researching for some time. Abstract or contemporary art being theme in comics is something unheard of. He wanted his final Tintin series to be unique and added some literary merit.
He brought back Tintin's old villains and acquaintances of past series to make a final offering to Tintin adventures.
Now coming to the topic of Tintin ending in a relationship with a woman may not be the final conclusion to the story. But starting up a faithful relationship or strong friendship is quite possible.
A hint to fans of Tinitin, that he is growing up. He will not desert his friends for Martine. Perhaps Maritine joins his company of friends to make a complete family. In later series Captain Haddock graduated from being best friend to that of guardian (tintin in Tibet).
I do expect Herge thought Tintin hanging with Martine along with all the folks dwelling in Marlinspike.
Jelsemium
#28 · Posted: 16 Oct 2011 23:52
I have a theory about Martine Vandezande that I haven't seen posted. I think she was going to turn out to be Tintin's long lost sister. I base this on nothing but the similarity of the names "Tintin" and "Martin"e.

Besides, I think that it would be funnier for Tintin to have a sister than a girlfriend. Can you imagine Haddock's reaction? "Blistering blue barnacles! Now there's two of them! Cuthbert, you'd better reverse that "cure" for alcohol right now because I really, really need a drink!"
Tintinrulz
#29 · Posted: 17 Oct 2011 02:49
Interesting but I think you're really clutching at straws there.
Jelsemium
#30 · Posted: 17 Oct 2011 03:13
Tintinrulz Yes, I am clutching at straws. On the other hand, I doubt that anybody will ever be able to disprove my theory. ;-)

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!