Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Screenings of Tintin films

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

marsbar
#1 · Posted: 8 Mar 2004 09:58
[Branched off from "Existing Tintin movies - general discussion" thread]

Tintinrulz asked: I really want to see Golden Fleece but its not available in English! Where did you see it marsbar? since your'e an Australian like me.

I saw the Golden Fleece movie on TV here. SBS have shown the movie at least twice in the last decade.

I have not seen the Blue Oranges movie - I have only read the book (well, with a lot of help from my francophone parents).

P.S. I've both movies on DVD - in Swedish!
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 8 Mar 2004 10:18
Thanks marsbar, that's cool.
I'll have to keep a good lookout for Tintin and the Golden Fleece on SBS from now on.
Maybe if you hear when they're going to air it you could post a post here for all Australian Tintinologists.
Thanks!
Christian
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#3 · Posted: 14 Mar 2004 11:30
Golden Fleece on TV???? I hope it's shown sometime in the UK! I own the French versions of both live action films on video, but I would obvoiusly prefer English editions!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 15:00
The film was broadcast as Tintin and the Golden Treasure in the 1970s (I'm getting the feeling of déja vu here), and may possibly have been repeated at some point later. I didn't know that a fairly recent broadcast had even been considered. If Spielberg's film does get made, we could hope for a resurgence in Tintinology, and the films may get a release, preferably subtitled (although that's just what I personally would like to see).
jock123
#5 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 15:37
Richard
The film was broadcast as Tintin and the Golden Treasure in the 1970s

Really? I remember seeing this in 1975 or 76, I think, when I was off school sick, and it was shown on the BBC as Tintin and the Golden Fleece, and was repeated at least once more (I know I’ve seen it twice in English).

I always wonder when there are so many films that are on over and over again, that broadcasters don’t make attempts to find more of these little-shown gems (there’s a fantastic film directed by Lionel Jeffries called “Baxter!”, starring Patricia Neal and Scott Jacoby, which my sister and I watched in the late 70’s, and as far as I know that was its only showing on UK TV…).
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 16:20
I think Channel 5 are the most likely to show it to be honest, they've showed all the animated ones not long ago. And they go in for more films that are less well known.

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 20:23
jock123
Really? I remember seeing this in 1975 or 76, I think, when I was off school sick, and it was shown on the BBC as Tintin and the Golden Fleece, and was repeated at least once more (I know I’ve seen it twice in English).

I found the info about the broadcast on another forum (the page is here) - apparently it was broadcast as Tintin and the Golden Treasure on BBC1 on the 1st of May 1978. Perhaps it had had its name changed by this time, since I'm guessing that you must have seen the premiere of it on UK TV. Maybe Jason's legal people kicked up a fuss ? ;)

jockosjungle
I think Channel 5 are the most likely to show it to be honest, they've showed all the animated ones not long ago. And they go in for more films that are less well known.

It would probably make a good 'five Family Film' or whatever it's called now, on Saturday afternoons. They've shown Asterix & Obelix : Mission Cleopatra and the first Thunderbirds film, so Tintin would surely appeal to a wide enough audience to deserve a screening. Anyhow, I've emailed five to enquire about whether they do actually own the rights to Tintin and the Golden Fleece or not.
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 21:12
What e-mail address did you use to ask 5? I know that TV companies do keep records of requests so it might be worth us all doing it.

Will probably pick the French DVD's up when i head to Brussels

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#9 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 21:42
jockosjungle
What e-mail address did you use to ask 5? I know that TV companies do keep records of requests so it might be worth us all doing it.

That's an idea - I sent it to customerservices@five.tv which is the 'general and programme enquiries' address. I asked whether they own the rights to the film, so if they do it might be worth a few people emailing requesting the film.
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 06:19
Re: e-mailing Five, it may surprise you to know that TV stations actually get very few requests for programming ideas (especially one that I imagine would be cheap like this) and if a number of people write off they do take them seriously.

E-mail sent

Rik

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!