Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 14 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

fixer79
#131 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 14:01
Just read on aintitcool.com that Tintin has been cast...

Check it out here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36099
cigee
#132 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 16:00
In regards to the article Triskeliae quotes, as it been confirmed that Serkis is playing Haddock, or is the author just quoting the fan rumours?

In one BBC interview, Serkis said he was not allow to confirm which role he was playing.

I don't particularly take the fact that it was printed in a newpaper to mean it's accurate, as, just yesterday, my local paper had an article which talked about "Robert Zemekis' The adventure of Tintin movie"
Triskeliae
#133 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 17:59
I just quoted from the interview.

I just received that a 17 year-old actor is playing Tintin, I don't remember the name, but he acted in Nanny McPhee
fixer79
#134 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 18:45
His name is Thomas Sangster, Triskeliae.
Follow the link I posted earlier today for more info and the actor's picture.
Mampara
#135 · Posted: 27 Mar 2008 08:03
I found this on www.imdb.com

"British Star Sangster Lands Tintin Role?

Teenage actor Thomas Sangster is set to take on the role of cult comic hero Tintin in the upcoming movie franchise, according to reports. The 17-year-old Brit, who has starred in hit movies Love Actually and Nanny McPhee, is said to have emerged as the frontrunner to play the intrepid young reporter in a trilogy of films based on the famed comics by Belgian cartoonist Herge, aka Georges Remi. And Sangster sparked further speculation he is to be handed the lead role in the planned film trilogy after flying to Los Angeles to work on test action sequences with renowned moviemaker Steven Spielberg, who is to direct the first installment in the franchise. Although Sangster's agent has refused to comment about his involvement with the project - due to start shooting in the autumn - the representative admits the Brit has traveled to Hollywood for meetings and urges fans to "watch this space." If Sangster does win the leading role, he will join fellow British star Andy Serkis in the film franchise. Serkis has signed on to play Tintin's sidekick Captain Haddock. The trilogy will reportedly be split between Spielberg and Peter Jackson, with the Saving Private Ryan director managing the first film in the franchise, and the Lord Of The Rings moviemaker taking on the second and third. "
Harrock n roll
#136 · Posted: 27 Mar 2008 10:35
Mampara wrote:
Thomas Sangster

It was also in the UK Daily Mail a few days ago (read here).

Sangster is a very young looking chap (I think he looks younger than 17). Not quite the Tintin I'd pictured, but he might be the man (or boy!)
Rexmilou
#137 · Posted: 28 Mar 2008 13:03
Grey
#138 · Posted: 28 Mar 2008 18:05
He seems alright for the role. Thomas is one lucky guy.
yodathesenior
#139 · Posted: 14 Apr 2008 12:43
What is this fixation on goblin-like characters and actors? We're seeing Harry Potter - Star Wars - and now Tintin - characters all blurring together.

Now look who's playing Captain Haddock.

The actor LEAST likely to resurrect Tintin - is Thomas Sangster. Kevin Rudd (Australian Prime Minister) would be more believable.

Someone needs to slap Spielberg and his mate Peter Jackson, on the head - to shake loose their fixations on goblin characters - and actors.
skut
#140 · Posted: 27 Sep 2008 04:25
"Tintin is like a super boy scout. He would hit people over the head with bottles. He was cool."

I love that quote from Sangster!

Page  Page 14 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.