Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

New Tintin Movies: how Belgian should they be?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

cigars of the beeper
#21 · Posted: 1 Apr 2008 21:41
Triskeliae wrote:
he swims to the hydroplane and points a gun to the pilot and copilot that tried to kill them

I thought that that was just in the animated edition.
As for the whole "Making Tintin American" thing, you're right, Triskeliae. Well said.
Triskeliae
#22 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 01:59
Thank you! :)

Tintin points the gun at the pilot in the book. But, in the TV adaptation, Snowy arrives first to the hydroplane. The pilot sees him and asks where does he come from. Tintin answers, gun in hand: "From Brussels, originally!"
When I change the sound to French, Tintin says practically the same thing, ('From Brussels! Why?!!')- and the French dubbing follows the original book lines more closely! Was it necessary to add these lines when they aren't in the book? Maybe not! But it proves that the ones who made the adaptation (Ellipse-French- and Nelvana-Canadian) wanted the TV Audience to know that Tintin comes from Brussels, as a hommage to Hergé.

It doesn't matter if the actor who plays Tintin is English, American or Whatever. What I mean is that Tintin-the character- should keep his original nationality.
fixer79
#23 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 20:36
Triskeliae wrote:
It doesn't matter if the actor who plays Tintin is English, American or Whatever. What I mean is that Tintin-the character- should keep his original nationality.

Exactly!

I remember American G.I. Joe fans went ballistic when they heard the news that the upcoming feature film would depict the freedom fighting team based in Brussels. In fact, they had every right to.
G.I. Joe: a Real American Hero, should remain American. Luckily, the filmmakers scratched the idea, stuck to the origin and will ultimately keep the team American based.

Tintin is a Belgian from Brussels and should stay that way. Even though his return to the Silver Screen is brought forth by non-Belgians.
For me, that goes without saying. I hope Spielberg, Jackson and their crew feel the same way.
I'm pretty confident they will if they want to stay true to the character :)
Bachibouzouk
#24 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 22:19
I read somewhere on Tintin.com some weeks ago that people from New-Zealand who are working on the films came to Brussels and took thousands of pictures and hours of footage of the city, so that they can reproduce its atmosphere in the movies.

No worries ;)
greatsnakes
#25 · Posted: 9 Mar 2009 17:59
Bachibouzouk:
I read somewhere on Tintin.com some weeks ago that people from New-Zealand who are working on the films came to Brussels and took thousands of pictures and hours of footage of the city, so that they can reproduce its atmosphere in the movies.

I hate to revive such an old thread but I hope this is true because that would be amazing!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!