Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Best Tintin Book to Start With?

Page  Page 2 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#11 · Posted: 20 Dec 2007 12:08
Hi Cygnet

Balthazar knows these things, pay attention to him, but my choice is either The Secret of The Unicorn & Red Rackham's Treasure or The Seven Crystal Balls & Prisoners of the Sun.

My point is: before reading the late masterpieces (Affair, Emereld, Picaros ...) it is necessary to get to know the main characters and their habits. And the early hectic and incoherent albums give a wrong impression of Hergé's talent.

Those two double albums are the best albums to start.

I know what I'm talking about: Seven Crystal Balls was my first Tintin some 30 years ago and it sure wasn't the last.

saunaguy :)
number1fan
#12 · Posted: 20 Dec 2007 14:33
Now though for what seems the first time if your an english reader, you can read all the Tintin books in order. If you start with the Soviets adventure, you know the adventures will just get better an better. I'm saying this becuase i would like people to discover Tintin from the beginning as i never could. every title wasnt in English when i first started reading them.
The Blue Lotus
#13 · Posted: 23 Dec 2007 23:18
aji411 If you want to be a TinTin hardfans...
I tell you...
You must start from Tintin in Congo.

Why? Land of the Soviets is the first story.
zaveri_tintin
#14 · Posted: 27 Dec 2007 09:35
The Blue Lotus:
Why? Land of the Soviets is the first story.

Because Soviets is very rare.
marsbar
#15 · Posted: 28 Dec 2007 01:02
zaveri_tintin said: Because Soviets is very rare.

The Soviets album may be rare to you, but not necessarily to others. At time of writing, the Soviets album is readily available here in Australia. Varoius Tintin Shops also carry the album, and so do some major online bookshops, such as amazon.com.

Note to all members: any further comments regarding the 'rarity' of the Soviets adventure should be made in a new thread.
Austin
#16 · Posted: 28 Dec 2007 12:59
If you've never read a Tintin it would be easy to be put off by the early volumes though. I would suggest maybe King Ottokar's Sceptre - a great book that will get you into the spirit of Tintin without having to have prior knowledge of the characters or reading one part of a double album.
chazcharlie
#17 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 16:57
Hi im new to the Tin-Tin forums and have only read a few Tin-Tin books. I was wandering what is the best TinTin book i should be reading?
lots of love in advance
Charlie xxx
cigars of the beeper
#18 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 23:30
I'm sure that you'll get a lot of varied opinions on your question, but I think that probably Red Rackham's Treasure is the best one to start with. I did, and now I am a big fan.

By the way, it's "Tintin", and not Tin-Tin or TinTin.
Dupondt
#19 · Posted: 4 Apr 2008 16:06
I'd say maybe the seven crystal balls, although like you cigars it's the first one i read so I guess I'm a bis bias towards it.
cigars of the beeper
#20 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 00:11
The Seven Crystal Balls was the second one I read. It terrified me. (I was ten)

Page  Page 2 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!