Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Famous Tintin fans

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Tintinrulz
#51 · Posted: 5 Apr 2008 12:27
Steven Moffatt has to be a big fan of Tintin. In his debut tv series - The Press Gang, one of the characters called Frazz wears several Tintin jumpers/t-shirts throughout Series 2.
It's an omen!
Grey
#52 · Posted: 5 Apr 2008 21:44
I don't know whether Moffat wrote the episode of Torchwood (Doctor Who spinoff) or not, but recently there was an episode which discussed Tintin for about 2 minutes. It returned later in the episode when a character was handed a Tintin jumper and used it successfully to destroy a computer power system without frazzling the jumper... if that makes sense.
Tintinrulz
#53 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 01:46
Wow Grey, that sounds very odd but great! Yah for Tintin!
Sapristi
#54 · Posted: 14 Apr 2008 19:38
Grey wrote:
recently there was an episode which discussed Tintin for about 2 minutes.

I saw that! They made the character Ianto a Tintin fan :)

I bet a lot of the people behind the new Doctor Who series are Tintin fans; what else would you read between Saturday nights in the 70s? ;)
Richard
UK Correspondent
#55 · Posted: 28 Oct 2008 22:51
Philip Pullman, author of His Dark Materials, is a Tintin fan. Asked by booksellers Waterstones to choose his favourite book, he opted for The Castafiore Emerald, citing:

"Hergé was the best at everything: plots, draughtsmanship, jokes, characterisation, timing - he could do the lot, and this is his best book."
starkid
#56 · Posted: 31 Jul 2011 10:06
Darren Criss, an American actor and musician famous for his role as Blaine Anderson on the TV show Glee and for his involvement in Starkid Productions (think: A Very Potter Musical), is a Tintin fan. He recently tweeted:

"Anyone who knows me (or my wrist watches for the past 15 years) would know that I am pretty darn excited to see the Tintin movie."

Apparently, he met Evanna Lynch (another famous Tintin fan) and they were both sporting Tintin watches. Pretty cool!
mondrian
#57 · Posted: 4 Aug 2011 08:33
Cadel Evans, the latest tour de France winner is apparently a fan.

Or maybe "fan" is stretching it a bit, as it was mentioned in a newspaper article to point out that he's not the sort of person who idolises anyone: "the only cyclist whose picture is framed in his wall is Tintin" or something along those lines.

Also, he does some charity work in Tibet. That, however, was motivated because of an acquaintance.
Elizabeth A B
#58 · Posted: 8 Apr 2014 05:02
New Zealand film director Peter Jackson has been a lifelong fan of Tintin. Those were the books on which he learned to read. As a huge admirer of Peter Jackson's work, I admit feeling unduly proud to have also learned to read on the same books.
Harrock n roll
#59 · Posted: 15 Nov 2014 09:45
Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens:

What is your screensaver?
Tin Tin in a red astronaut suit.

Source: The Guardian - Q&A: Yusuf Islam
Balthazar
#60 · Posted: 15 Nov 2014 16:38
Harrock n roll:
Yusuf Islam: Tin Tin in a red astronaut suit.

As opposed to Tintin in his orange astronaut suit? ;)

(Apologies to Yusuf for the pedantry! I'm glad he's a fan.)

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!