Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin: Cameo appearances in "The Simpsons"

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tintinagalog
#1 · Posted: 2 Feb 2008 06:49
Just watched The Simpsons episode Husbands and Knives this morning.
There is a portion here where Tintin and Snowy appeared.

Does Hergé/ Moulinsart know this (or did The Simpsons producers asked permission from the Hergé estate/ Moulinsart to portray Tintin in the series)?

It's The Simpsons Episode no. 407
Prod. code JABF17
Orig. airdate November 18, 2007
Written by Matt Selman
Directed by Nancy Kruse

Content edited by moderator.

Moderator Note: Given that The Simpsons is copyright material, please do not suggest methods of obtaining episodes illegally. Many thanks!
The Tintinologist Team
Dupondt
#2 · Posted: 2 Feb 2008 13:48
I just had a look at it there, It's fairly interesting. I really hate the new Simpsons. It's gotten terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the classic series, I'm forever quoting obscure scenes.
Jeeves
#3 · Posted: 3 Feb 2008 03:40
I too feel that the new episodes are a little disapointing. I think it's cool when you see characters or scenes that you recognise in shows like The Simpsons but I thought that Tintin's cameo could have been funnier. On the other hand this might be fun, which Tintin books can you see in the backround of that episode?
tintinagalog
#4 · Posted: 4 Feb 2008 10:42
Jeeves:
which Tintin books can you see in the backround of that episode?

The original Tintin series books only, as they are on display at the Coolsville shelf.
The cameo appearance, and the Tintin in Paris Liza Simpson picked, were simply the work of the animators.
Etterbeek
#5 · Posted: 5 Feb 2008 18:13
In the establishing shot of the book stand, the book at the bottom right is Prisoner of the Sun. But when Lisa picks up Tintin in Paris in the next shot, The Crab with the Golden Claws is there instead!

Great though that the rocket crashes into Centre Pompidou where the Hergé centennial exhibition was held.
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 5 Feb 2008 23:34
I've seen the episode now. The Tintin cameo was very cool, especially since I've never seen a cameo of his on tv before.
Triskeliae
#7 · Posted: 11 Apr 2008 01:59
I've seen part of it. My brother, a Simpsons's fan, called me when he was watching the episode on TV! So Cool! Obviously, the creator of The Simpsons must admire Herge's work!
Jeeves
#8 · Posted: 13 Apr 2008 01:26
I definitely think someone on The Simpsons is a Tintin fan!
I spotted almost all 23 books on the shelf behind Lisa. I also think that Futurama (created by the same guy) has some similarities. For instance the episode Godfellas totaly reminded me of Tintin in Tibet, and one of Lila's boyfriends is named Alcazar.
editman
#9 · Posted: 25 Jun 2008 09:41
Finally saw that episode last night on free-to-air. I just went nuts with overjoy when I saw the new edition of 'Alph-art' in the background. Considering the new edition only came out 4 years ago (even later in the US?), and how long it takes to prepare a Simpsons episode, the animators really did their research.

Yep, definitely a real treat for a fan of both Tintin and The Simpsons.
laloga
#10 · Posted: 24 Mar 2009 02:07
There was a short but sweet cameo on the most recent episode....Marge threatened to take Bart's Tintin comic away from him because he "dissed" Belgium! (The book he had was The Crab with the Golden Claws.)

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!