Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Official Tintin site revamped

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

cigars of the beeper
#21 · Posted: 29 Apr 2008 21:49
Oh, yeah.
I understand now. I have heard that before, but did not recognize it at first. Thanks, Jock.
Jeeves
#22 · Posted: 2 May 2008 18:29
I couldn't get the site translated, but I could kind of understand it. But that quizz about Tintin in theater was pretty hard
Triskeliae
#23 · Posted: 2 May 2008 23:53
Most of the trivias are. The ones who make them really take the smallest details from the books into attention.
cigars of the beeper
#24 · Posted: 4 May 2008 17:27
I'd never try the trivias in French. I probably wouldn't even understand the question.
Triskeliae
#25 · Posted: 4 May 2008 17:49
There are questions I don't understand. But then I check the Tintin book in English or a dictionary. The good thing is that I can repeat the trivia and keep on learning!
waruna
#26 · Posted: 7 May 2008 09:57
Tin tin books prices are too much more.no?
cigars of the beeper
#27 · Posted: 7 May 2008 18:06
Are you asking if Tintin books are expensive, waruna? I would say they are not very pricey, but I think that this is the wrong thread for your question. You can find a complete selection of the Tintin books, both used and new, at Amazon.
jock123
#28 · Posted: 7 May 2008 23:45
waruna wrote:
Tin tin books prices are too much more.no?

I think that they compare pretty well with all sorts of books, and are certainly less expensive than many. Furthermore, it is really unusual that you can buy them in so many variant editions, aimed at all pockets: full-size hard-backs, full-size paper-backs, compact compendium volumes, and in some territories there are small individual editions in hard-back too. Add to this the facsimiles, making-ofs, two-in-ones, and other versions which have come out over the years, including the luxury leather-bound editions by Rombaldi on the continent, and there are things at all prices for all pockets!
tintinagalog
#29 · Posted: 8 May 2008 05:03
For me, the price is right for the Tintin books. Why? Focus on these: quality of the books, united and coherent plotting of the story, longetivity of the series, and historic value. State of the art, I should say. My co-teachers in English read some of my Tintin books and they found it cute and relevant. When they saw the price marked at the back cover of the 3-in-1's ($17.99) although I mentioned the actual selling price (Php699.00), they commented, "At least this piece is valuable."

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!